Faith went back to work on Wednesday. I was so glad to see her face on the Livestream again! She seemed really ready to be back. She looked great and her co-anchor was visibly happy to have her back. When their regular weatherman came back too, they were all so happy to have the team back together. Me too. Seeing her every day is (I think) the best perk of this job.
This week Bill and I celebrated Valentine's Day early (on Thursday night) so I could go to Utah to see family this weekend. We went out to eat at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants with a view of the strip, Lindo Michoacán. It was delicious and fun and Ivy was out working anyway so the timing was all good.
Friday Ivy went to school to take a test. I took the day off and prepared to leave. We left for Utah at about noon and got to Papa Fred & Marj's place at about 7:15. It always feels so long going north as we move our clocks forward an hour.
Saturday morning we went down to the airport for a visit to the hangars. We were so happy when Heather and Alan showed up too. Dad showed us all of his toys including his crazy powerful heater that looks like a jet engine and seemed like it was going to blow me up when he started it up!
After the hangars we went to lunch at Chik-Fil-A. It was a good group with: Ivy and me, M'Li, Heather, Alan, Eve, Griffin, Wyatt, Willa, Eliza, Juliet, Frank and Barry. Marj came too and Dad was much happier once she was there. It was a visible comfort to him to have her there. He wasn't sure who all the people were. I told him that they were his posterity and he asked, "Are they all yours?" I explained that only Ivy was mine and the rest were Heather's.
After lunch Ivy and I hiked the Y as I had never done it before. It was so steep! I probably underestimated the steepness and elevation, but it was doable with small breaks for me.
When we got back we chatted for a bit and Glen and Kayci came by to pick up the quilt top I made for Ivy with her t-shirts so Kayci can quilt it for me. They stayed for awhile and Papa Fred couldn't really make the connection of who they were and was disturbed that they had been there so long and he didn't know who they were even though Glen explained to him who they were when Dad asked. That was hard. Marj then fed us a delicious barley and vegetable soup with some garlic knots that I brought from home.
Sunday we went to sacrament meeting with Papa Fred and Marj. They introduced us to some very nice people in their ward and one of their priests looked like Bill's brother Dan at 16. We thought he somehow made it into the wrong family as he looked so much like an Evans brother.
After church we went to M'Li's house to help her play with Ronin who is so adorable. We slowly made friends with him and watched him eat his lunch and growl through it. What a fun baby boy he is!
We made it back to Marj's house for dinner with her youngest daughter, Michaela and Michaela's daughter, Kaya. It was fun to meet them and we really enjoyed Marj's lasagna, which was made from scratch. Pretty impressive!
Sunday evening I got to spend some great time just talking to Papa Fred and Marj. It's interesting to see the things that Dad remembers and talks about - some good and some bad. He told me his and Mom's love story and we talked about where different personality traits that we have come from. It was very sweet. This morning Ivy and I drove back to Bill in Henderson as fast as we could in good conscience.
Lots of love for the last week and that made Valentine's extra special.







4 comments:
Kirsta! Your pictures are so beautiful! I love where your eye and your attention are drawn. I love that you went to hang out with Dad and that I got to see you for part of it! Thank you for the excellent report. Dad didn't recognize Wyatt and wondered who he was. I guess he is in the same bucket as Glen.
Not just Wyatt and Glen. I think all grandkids are in the same bucket. He asked me, "Who is your friend?" while we were staying at his house. He took it pretty well that it was my daughter, Ivy. Ivy says he seems to think of me as HER age and so that's why she doesn't really exist to him.
Also, after church Marj told me that Dad asked her, "Who was sitting by me in church?" It was me and Ivy!
What wonderful photos? Dad. Isn't he a cutie? It sounds like you had a super good week. I love how you keep tabs on every person that you responsible for or have been. You're the best.
I wasn't quite done proofreading before my comment got published. Please delete the first question mark. Because it makes no sense at all.
Post a Comment