Our last morning in Henderson was (thankfully) the day before large item pick-up day. Last 2 things to go were the other sofa (the one I was sleeping on) and the ironing board that didn't like tall settings. Below is just before we pulled out. Bill drove the U-haul pulling his Subaru behind.
We went as far as Tonopah where we spent the night in the clown motel, 🤡 It was on my bucket list, but I don't recommend doing it. One of our worse motel experiences, and not because of ghosts. Also, we had some terrible Godfathers piza there 🤮 We just can't win in Tonopah!
We got up the next day (Wednesday) and headed for Reno. We stopped at the Maverick in Yerrington for gas. We would have had their awesome chicken burritos, but we had just had breakfast from McDonalds in Hawthorne.
![]() |
| I took a picture of the machines at Maverick for Dad |
We got to Reno in time for a #5 from Del Taco before meeting our landlord at the unit for keys. Faith and Ivy came to give us hugs and then we set up a bed and washed some sheets so we had a place to sleep for the night.
Thursday morning we picked up a few guys to help us unload and got it done and the U-haul returned in the morning. You can pretty much guess what we have been doing since: unpacking, playing with Charlotte and frequent trips to Walmart.
Faith and Ivy convinced Will to drive up for the 4th of July, so we had a mini family reunion which was the best thing ever. We topped the day off with food and fireworks displays viewed from outside the offices of NV Flight at the Reno-Tahoe airport.





6 comments:
Oh thank you for showing me your face! And also the faces of your beautiful family! I have been waiting for this update. So glad you made it and have a good place to sleep and even Mom’s turtle set up. Your kids don’t fit it like they used to. It was fun that you took pictures of them trying!
Dearest Aunt Kirsta,
I am writing this so it will be known that I DO read your blog, because I love you and your family. I really liked Will's outfits, they felt a lot like a dad's outfit for yard work. In my opinion Ivy totally could have made it all the way in the turtle, the same goes for Baby Justis. Please tell Daddy Justis I said hi, Ivy she had so much more potential to fit in the turtle, Will his clothes are on point, Faith I don't know whether or not she still is an anchor, Uncle Bill that I don't want him to get spanked , and Baby Justis I send my best wishes,
Much Love,
(Your favorite nephew) Griff
I love it that you read my blog! Thank you! Ivy was the closest to fitting under the 🐢 We even took the top off of it for her to see if she could fit and we could lock her in, but her shoulders were sticking up too high 🙃
I had to zoom in on the photos of everybody trying to fit under the turtle bench. What a fun activity. It looks like Charlotte is going to have years of delight as she explores that bench. I'm glad you were all together on the Fourth of July. Having a fun spot for viewing fireworks that involves aviation is going to make my dad proud of you.
Also I can't believe I didn't comment on the clown motel. That is seriously creepy! And we need to hear all the bad details if it wasn't just the clowns. ;)
Yes. Now you have an assignment from your readers. Details, please!
Post a Comment