Reno has spectacular skies and stunning sunsets. On our Nextdoor neighborhood group people post pictures of the skies every day. There are also posts about bears and bobcats in peoples' backyards :0
We are in Northwest Reno on a hill and our nightly walks take us up ridges that have great views of Reno and mountains too.
![]() |
| That's Bill walking down below. I took the high road and he took the low road and he definitely got there before me. |
![]() |
| A view toward the mountain pass (Donner Pass) to the West. |
Faith supplies me with pictures of both her baby and my baby doing fun things. Charlotte is cutting teeth and Ivy got to ride a horse at an event at Texas Roadhouse that Faith had to go to for work. That is one BIG horse! Ivy had to climb up steps to get on it and was a little concerned about getting down!
This is a view from a mountain biking park near our house called Sierra Vista park. It's looking East and South toward the center of Reno and Damonte Ranch, but the other side of the park has lots of trails through the ridges and some circuits with hills and hilly bridges - I don't really have the vocabulary to talk about it! I'll go take pictures of it.
It's fun to be able to just pop in and see our Grandbaby! She is just precious. Last week she cried when I left her from babysitting, so even though she might not speak English yet, she definitely understands love :)
![]() |
| Charlotte is almost 8 months old!! In my heart of hearts I secretly call her La Carlotita :) |
Bill and I hiked Hunter Creek Trail this weekend. It was fun and we were rewarded with a waterfall at the end of it as well as a baby snake! I got very wet. Walking out wet was fine as it was a pretty hot day. Next time I'll wear a swimming suit.
![]() |
| So glad the people who were there before us spotted this snake, because it was small enough that I don't know if we would have seen it! |
Pinecones come in lots of different sizes here. The monster ones are super impressive!!
I am trying to be as strong as I can and not apply for the part-time Spanish teacher position at Reno HS. I really want to teach Spanish!! But I know for sure that a part time position will be full-time work for half the pay. One must have standards.
In the meantime, yesterday I went to McQueen HS (the closest high school to me) to drop off a substitute business card and let them know I was here and wanted to be on their list of subs. The secretaries were great:
Me: I'm a Spanish teacher, so Spanish or English are easy for me.
Sec: Will you sub SPED?
Me: Yeah, for sure.
Sec: What about PE?
Me: Absolutely! I love PE.
Sec: How do you feel about band or orchestra?
Me: Oh, I love music classes and art!
They loved me. I told them how close we live to the high school and they got really excited too. I think this is how I'll start making friends :) Everyone loves a sub (except the students!)












2 comments:
There is everything to like about this post. So hopeful. So funny. I love your conversation with the secretary at the school. I'm with you… That is a very tall horse. Has Ivy ever gotten into horseback riding? Do you think she might?
I loved your vistas! So beautiful to get a far away look. The hike looked particularly fun to me. And your words about getting jobs were very good. The IDEA of part time sounds just great. I bet you’re right about the actual experience though. And you are so smart to go meet the secretaries and be so pleasant and accommodating!
Post a Comment