The other day I was going to post one called, "I'm Very Agreeable While I'm Sleeping." For the past week or so Faith has had this small saw which she has been using on whatever wood she has found around. It was a little bit disturbing to me. Where did she get this? Who gave it to her? Finally I asked if her dad had let her use it. Her answer was troubling:
Faith: No, Will gave it to me.
Me: What?!
Faith: A few days ago while you were sleeping he asked if he could go get a tool out of the tool box to use and you said yes.
This is bad news for a few reasons. How long has this sort of thing been going on? Do my children often ask me crazy questions that I would normally say no to while I'm sleeping? Why am I answering them while I'm sleeping and why am I saying yes instead of no while I'm sleeping?
Here is another post from November. It's called "Hair".
Actually, maybe I would have called it "Too Much Hair." (As a side note, while I write this, Ivy is combing my hair. She loves to "fix" it for me at random times during the day. She'll take her little fingers and tuck it behind my ear or take a strand or two and put them where she wants them.)
And here are the pictures from sitting on Santa's lap:
Ivy asked for a baby doll.
Will asked for a go kart.
And just for the record, I think Santa went rogue this year and didn't get anybody what they asked for.
This next post is called "Slime." Ivy brought home the most awesome homemade slime from preschool this month. Bill, Faith, and I had a ton of fun one night putting it on different things and waiting 10 minutes to see what would happen. If you pulled quickly on this stuff it just broke in two pieces, but if you let it sit, it would just spread slowly. I'm definitely making more when life gets less crazy.
Here is the recipe:
- In Bowl #1 mix 1/2 cup of water and 4 oz. or 1/2 cup of Elmer's school glue (some school glues don't have the right make up so Elmer's school glue is a safe bet) as well as whatever food coloring you want. Mix well.
- In Bowl #2 mix 1 cup of water and 1 tsp of Borax until dissolved
- Poor Bowl #1 into Bowl #2 while stirring. Squish it up a bit in the bowel, then take the slime out and knead. Don't worry if there's left over liquid. The chemical reaction between the glue and borax make the slime.
And this is what our house looks like for Christmas this year. I should have taken the picture with the cabinet doors open to show all the empty cupboards.
Ivy loved posing as my little Sugar Plum Fairy. It's just her and me this afternoon because Bill took Faith and Will to a movie that Ivy won't sit through and I desperately needed a nap.
Yes, we got our tree out...can you really call something that small a tree? It's more of a baby bush. It was sitting on top of the cedar chest in a place of honor until I realized that I had to pack the keyboard in the cedar chest because that is where it fits.
I have worried a little bit this year that I'm not prepared for Christmas. Not the shopping part, but that I haven't really prepared my heart enough to truly celebrate the birth of Christ. I have been a little misty-eyed at a few Christmas songs on the radio (I always tear up when I hear Oh, Holy Night.) It's not enough. We will definitely be reading the Christmas story tonight, but I now wish that our scripture study this month would have been from the gospels. Or 3 Nephi.
Merry Christmas to all!!
4 comments:
Oh! I love when you post. And post a bunch. I laughed at the saw incident and at Ivy fixiing your hair. I think you did that to people when you were her age. And I loved talking to you today.
Have a very merry Christmas! It IS a wonderful time of the year. Even if you are on a roller-coaster ride of buying a house and moving, evidently. Your tiny tree is wonderful.
Ah, the hair! I adore those photos, and the people in them. I also agree that "prepped" photos are the best kind.
As to Christmas: I think you take Christ seriously year round. Why look for a major spike in a testimony that is usually burning brightly? You're doing just fine.
Love to all you Evanses. Lots of gushing, huggy, sloppy love.
Oh finally, a post! And such a super one too. What a terrific way you have with words. And making beautiful sweet smart children. WOW! you really are moving, aren't you?!! Look at all that packing and celebrating. Wish I could have heard Faith sing in church! And seeing Ivy dance to church hymns is one of my favorites! And isn't Will darling in a Santa hat....but he's just that way, no matter what. Oh! I love you so much. Wish we could all be there helping you pack....Any excuse to be together is good, right?!
There's so many reasons why I do and do NOT want to make that slime :)
Post a Comment