Saturday, December 31, 2011

Still Here

Still here in Arizona, that is.  We are breathing a little sigh of relief.  Our property manager called on her day off (yesterday) to tell us that the owners have given us permission to stay through January.  It turns out that housing is a big deal and when you're not sure if you have it or not, life can get a little bit stressful.

On the loan side, we have signed another extension on our mortgage to close by January 13.  We hope it can really happen by then.  Just when we think the mortgage company has every conceivable kind of documentation they could ever need, they ask for three more letters of explanation.  We also really hope that the seller will be willing to sign another extension.  They talked pretty tough the last time they were presented with an extension to sign.

So tomorrow we will go to our ward here in Cottonwood.  Ivy will be a Sunbeam tomorrow and Faith will begin her last year of primary.  This might be a year that I never want to end.  All three kids in primary together.  For one year.

Does anybody else have any resolutions for the new year?  I have been so busy finishing up 2011 that I haven't had time to think about resolutions for 2012. 

9 comments:

HW said...

Oh good! I have been hoping you weren't homeless. Yet. Thanks for the update. I love you.

Rachael said...

So good to read this update. I hope everything works out - it really is so stressful to figure out moving, buying, living, etc. etc. Let us know where you end up and post pictures!

Paige said...

Resolutions:

"Hang on tight"
"Be There at Key Moments for the Fam"
"Go Outside Frequently."

Pretty vague, but I've been unsuccessful at keeping more specific resolutions.

Just Kristina... said...

Resolution - eat healthier and hope losing weight comes as a bonus. It's basically a nice way of telling myself "please don't try to lose weight for your resolution because it won't stick". Just sayin...

Sooo glad you're not living on the street. That would be bad.

Hugs, Mom said...

Big sigh of relief. What happy years, having 3 in primary. Do hope the extension works out well. About resolutions. I LOVE Paige's. And I love that you don't have any...(I don't either. But I keep thinking maybe I'll get some. Maybe tomorrow.)

Kayci said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For the invite! I am so happy to see your smiling faces again. I am sorry your moving/buying experience is being so tricky. I'll pray for you!
I have resolutions but I do them around my birthday in stead of the new year.

HW said...

Ummm, are you still anywhere? I need to see pictures of your new house! And contact of any kind from you!

Hugs, Mom said...

I hope you hurry and get connected to the internet! I'm missing your blog and getting tired of red with no new words. I MISS you!

Kayci said...

I agree! I have good reason to believe you have moved and I would love to hear about it! Hope you are doing well.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...