Monday, February 13, 2012

A Few Pics of Our New Life

I haven't taken any pictures of my kitchen yet...maybe when I get a fridge.  My new fridge was supposed to come today, but I got a call saying it wouldn't come until tomorrow.  Patience.  In the meanwhile, I'm very grateful to have Bill's little refrigerator that he was using in his office.  We can at least keep a little bit of milk on hand and a few other small items.

Below is Ivy "growing so big" in the bathroom of the spare bedroom.  She likes to climb up on the tub (or in it too) and look at Ivy in the mirror accross the way.
We celebrated Will's birthday last week with a lopsided (horrible tasting) cake.  I didn't actually try the cake, but the word is that it was pretty gross.  Next year we'll buy a cake.
Will and Faith on the stairs and ready for school.  Faith was not happy about the pictures...

I told Will to go pose by the pool.  This particular little corner of the pool doesn't look so bad in a picture.  I need to get more pool supplies and clean the dirt out of it.  I'm not too excited about doing it this month because it's too cold to swim.
Below is the picture that shows why we have been calling this house the Pooh Bear House.  All the paint is this really neutral taupe except in one bedroom (Will and Ivy's) and someone went nuts with Pooh Bear for a lucky child.
This is Faith's room (beds are coming this week - we just bought them on Saturday).  Yesterday I walked in to Faith's room looking for her, but didn't see her.  She was in her closet changing her clothes.  Poor thing.  Yesterday I put curtains up in her room for a little bit of privacy.
This is a view of our office area from the stairs.
Happily, nobody has fallen into the pool yet, though Will asks regularly when we are going to push him in.  I told him that before we do much in the pool, we are going to test him by pushing him in with his clothes on to see if he can swim out and be okay.  He's excited about it.  I have found Ivy on the rocks of the fountain.  Stuck.  She couldn't get down without help.  I had to explain to her that those rocks are not for climbing.

We are still learning how to live in a different space as well as still unpacking boxes.  The kids say regularly that it still feels like we're on vacation.  I wish I knew the timeline and then I could tell them in 2 more weeks you'll feel like we really live here.  In 5 more weeks you'll have some good friends.  I don't know.  Moving is a bit hard no matter how old you are.

10 comments:

HW said...

Thank you thank you thank you for posting pictures!! I loved each thing and really, your lopsided cake is pretty stylish. And most cakes are gross, don't you think?

And YES! Moving is hard. It often feels like an emergency to me not to have friends. A long-lasting state of semi-panic. Don't give them such rosy expectations for a timeline--waiting feels terrible when things take even longer than you expect. It takes a full year before I feel like I live someplace new. But after about 6 months I usually do have friends. Oh, I wish I could make it faster and easier for you.

A girl from Las Vegas just moved to our ward. I am going to try to help her and hope someone there helps MY sister.

Hugs, Mom said...

I've been haunting your blog, hoping for pictures and words. Today was my lucky day. You not only posted, you commented on the postings in my blog. (big happy sigh!)

You really are getting moved in, aren't you? Looks lovely. Especially your adorable children.
Tell Faith the pictures are delightful and make Nana HAPPY!

Isn't it a blessing to have a church family when you move? You are such a friendly pup, you'll have friends--even sisters in no time.

kj said...

Heather, your sweet comment about helping the new girl from Las Vegas choked me up. How I wish it were me moving into your ward!

lifeisbeautiful said...

I love the pictures of your new home. You have had a good start and you are a super fun family,so I just know settling in and finding friends will happen just when you need it to.

Paige said...

Ah. . .yellow. I'm even willing to share with your younger kids -- not just Faith. Our first major purchase in Phoenix was a pool fence because Azya tried to drown herself in the middle of a winter afternoon. John's really good at rescues, though.

HW said...

Do you enjoy being called a friendly pup?

kj said...

Friendly pup is lots better than toad face.

Kayci said...

I love it. It looks like a very nice and fun home. I hope the adjusting comes so that before you realize it you feel at home.

Zeke said...

What a great home! I can't wait to see pictures of when you test Will on his swimming abilities.

Zeke said...

ops... that was me (Stephanie) again

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...