Monday, February 13, 2012

Last Bits of Fun In The Verde Valley

I dumped all my pictures from my camera onto my hardrive this morning and found my last pictures from AZ.  Tugs at my heart a little bit just because I know how hard Cottonwood is to get to.  I'll be surprised if we go back to visit.

It must have been close to New Year's that we went to the casino in Camp Verde to eat at Johnny Rockets.  It was especially fun becuase the waiters did their dance for us.  I love it when that happens!

We then went out to Montezuma's Well and hiked around it one last time.  Then we went to the picnic area nearby and I watched Bill play Ninja Destruction with the kids in the dried up leaves.
This next picture is taken from our neighborhood.  One evening we went for a walk and the full moon coming up over our verde valley was spectacular!
It was very nice of the primary presidency to plan a primary party right on Faith's birthday.  I tried to catch pictures of the kids playing, but they were running too fast!  It was the first primary party that all three of my kids were eligible to attend.  One last party with good friends.  Perfect.
At home later we had pizza and cake and looked at the stuff Faith picked out for her birthday.

I was talking to Will the other night about the things we missed from Cottonwood.  He said he missed the Cottonwood house.  I asked him if he missed his friends too.  He was shocked I would even ask, "The people are what we miss the most, Mom!"

4 comments:

HW said...

Oh, I am so glad you had fun on Faith's birthday! I was worried it would be swallowed up in moving. She looks like a small adult, by the way. You only have 2 little kids now.

And thank you for doing the fun Cottonwood things with us when we have visited. Those are memories I enjoyed too because you shared them with me.

Hugs, Mom said...

What a sweet good-bye to Arizona. And what a wise boy Will is. Of course it's the people we miss most. The people make the place a home.

It was so good to see Faith's birthday pictures. She is so precious. Let's keep her, OK?

Paige said...

Ninja destruction is such a cool game. Why didn't we make that one up? Oh yeah. We were too busy playing Dizzy Station. Tells you something about the quality of childhood in different decades, probably.

Kayci said...

Oh, I really did want to visit you there. It looked lovely. It's good you enjoyed your last few days there and celebrated Faith's birthday.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...