Monday through Friday Bill spends all day at the office. Alone. When he comes home he wants to be with me, which is really sweet and usually I love it, but lately I have been getting more and more irritable and less and less lovely to be around. Once I realized that I was starting to hide from my family, I decided that it was alone time that I was lacking. I told Bill that while he watched the last game of the eastern conference I wanted to go to Target all by myself and wander around. He was so confused. Why in the world would I want to be alone? Anyway, he's pretty good at giving me what I want even when he's baffled by it.
It was a glorious 2 hours. While I was at Target I called my sister to talk about Rhino parties and her family even sang Happy Birthday to me. I saw a woman being mean to her two kids and thought about how lucky I was to be alone. I looked at clothes and considered buying baby clothes (for gifts, but I did dream a little bit about having my own baby) and then I sat on a lawn chair and laughed my head off while reading the book, "Awkward Family Photos." (It started as a website: awkwardfamilyphotos just in case you're interested.) I almost bought the book for Bill for Father's Day, but realized that he often doesn't crack up about the same things as me and that I'm better off giving only treats or practical items. Then I got some milk and a couple of other groceries and went home.
It was life altering. Thank you Target, thank you Bill, thank you Awkward Family Photos authors, thank you lucky star that I got some alone time!
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...
7 comments:
Yeah for Target and Bill! Alone time Is fabulous and sometimes i don't think men get it. Yeah for you.
Walgreens can be surprisingly theraputic, too. I'm so glad I could share rhino thoughts while you were on your field trip.
Oh gosh - can I just tell you how much I love your Keeping it Real posts? I know you've done something like this before. They are always so soothing to hear - like someone else can understand my occasional pains and complaints. I'm not alone! :) Thank you.
Love it! I love how you post the brutal, honest truth! Thanks for making me smile and feel real myself.
Is it bad to wish I could have been with you? It wouldn't have been alone time then, but I would have loved giggling about awkward family photos with you. (Mariah says some of them are awkward, but a lot of them are just creepy. I would have to agree.)
I love picturing you alone amid the Target shoppers sitting on a lawn chair, reading and laughing. It gave me a lift just reading about it. Thanks!
Will and I just shared five minutes of awkwardness in the "Best Of" category on Awkward Family Photos. We may never be the same.
Post a Comment