The Phineas and Ferb song says that there are 104 days of summer vacation. There aren't. There are only 80, and that's counting weekend days. Today is day 14.
In summers past we have tried to learn new things and have a schedule. This summer I have approached a little bit differently. I had the kids help me come up with a list of things we wanted to do this summer:
I thought they came up with very do-able things. Print up pictures of ourselves and draw mustaches and facial hair on ourselves? Easy. Our list isn't even that long, but it has kept us pretty busy. So busy that I haven't had time to blog about our activities. Last night we slept outside on our back porch (this one is becoming a summer tradition) so I still have tired kids. I'm blogging as fast as my fingers can do it!
The other thing we have been working on is obedience. I was dreading a summer of repeating myself 50 times to get anything done. (Will has had a problem with this one lately.) I made this chart on one of the first days of summer and told them that if they did what I asked quickly and I only had to ask one time, then they could fill in a box each time that happened. Charts are a wonderful way to motivate my kids. Especially when they're getting as many positive reinforcements as are on this chart. I have learned that 1. Will really can hear what I'm saying, he was just ignoring me BC (before chart) 2. I ask my kids to do a lot of things. 3. Maybe they should be doing more without me having to ask? I think my next chart will be Take The Initiative Chart.


4 comments:
You're such a good mommy! I think your kids have fun ideas too.
Sounds like a super summer to me. I particularly like that you are planning to come to Utah. Stay a long time in Alpine, OK?!
Your chart is super. Amazing, really! Terrific to space special "pay-offs" along the way. No wonder it works so well!!
Genius.
I'm totally stealing as many ideas as possible from your summer plan.
I think I am going to have to steal this chart idea for our summer, even though it is only 3 weeks. You are a genius!
If you make it to Utah and have time. We would love to see you, but I know you have all kinds of other more closely related family here to see.
Post a Comment