Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Keeping It Real: Guilt and Productivity

As I was folding laundry this evening my mind wandered to the hour I spent with Ivy this morning cuddling in front of the TV.  I felt so guilty and unproductive...yes, for cuddling with my youngest.  I'm still having a hard time shaking that feeling even though as I thought about my day the list went something like this:

Got the kids off to school
Studied scriptures
Went to Gold's to work out
Organized the guest room and closet
Cleaned the kids' bathroom
Did 3 loads of laundry
Ironed
Went grocery shopping for Thanksgiving
Picked Faith and Will up from school
Took kids to get shots (Faith x1 and Ivy x6)
Put the groceries away
Vacumed
Came up with a schedule for what I'm cooking at what time on Thanksgiving and a list of food to put out (because I always forget something)

I got some stuff done today, but why is it so easy to feel lazy and unproductive because I had an hour of cuddling somewhere between cleaning the bathroom and going grocery shopping?  (Plus, now I'm blogging!  That's not going to help the feeling go away!)  Maybe I'll feel better if I get the rest of the pictures hung.

2 comments:

HW said...

Holy cow you are SO productive! You just need it put into perspective a little. Didn't writing all that down help?! Or do I need to tell you what I didn't get done today?

I am so happy you blogged. Your computer is fixed?! Hooray!

Hugs, Mom said...

I second Heather's cheer of gratefulness that you blogged again.
You sound so organized and efficient!
I played with Aunt Janene today, talked on the phone with Paige and rode with Dad to Provo to pick up Azya. Guilt hasn't caught up with me yet. I hope it doesn't.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...