It was cute and they talked about how much we do as women in the church. The thing that has stuck with me is that Sister Stucki said that as busy as we are, we need to take time every day to be holy. It must have caught me in just the right moment because those words have given me the extra boost I needed to double down on my efforts to have my personal scripture study every day. So, thank you Sister Stucki.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Words that help
In September I went to a fireside where the former Las Vegas Temple President, Pres. Stucki, and his wife spoke. At the beginning of the fireside, they showed the below video.
It was cute and they talked about how much we do as women in the church. The thing that has stuck with me is that Sister Stucki said that as busy as we are, we need to take time every day to be holy. It must have caught me in just the right moment because those words have given me the extra boost I needed to double down on my efforts to have my personal scripture study every day. So, thank you Sister Stucki.
It was cute and they talked about how much we do as women in the church. The thing that has stuck with me is that Sister Stucki said that as busy as we are, we need to take time every day to be holy. It must have caught me in just the right moment because those words have given me the extra boost I needed to double down on my efforts to have my personal scripture study every day. So, thank you Sister Stucki.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...
5 comments:
I loved the video! Especially the part about if you don't know how to sew, learn to use duct tape. And always look like a supermodel.
And what a great follow-up thought. It reminds me of a talk Julie Beck gave when she told about her very long list of overwhelming "to do"s, and as she prayed for help she realized that it was possible to sort out the essential from the necessary and the nice. Scriptures and prayer are essential, so you can have the guidance of the Holy Ghost for the rest.
I love you.
Super! Thanks for sharing this. LOVED the Video. I particularly needed Sister Stucki's reminder to make time to be holy. Wow! It gives me pause. I wonder if I ever feel holy. I feel like I'm working on it. But an I ever really holy?
Yeah Mom, you're holy all the time. That's probably why you don't recognize it.
Ha ha ha ha. HA HA. Giggle. Tee Hee. Snicker. Hahahahhahaha!
Post a Comment