Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Sister Jacobs and the Mia Maids
I love going to the Mia Maids class because their teacher is so good. Every teacher in young women's is good, but Sister Jacobs never has a hand out and always bears a heart-felt testimony. I love it. Last month (or was is the month before?) she gave a lesson on prayer and challenged all of us to vocalize every prayer we said for the week. I rarely vocalize prayers. I knew it would be hard for me and that I'd have to plan more for my prayers so I could be alone and not self-conscious. It was a great experience. I found that my prayers were much more focused. It also has a way of making faith more real - if that makes any sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...
4 comments:
I got a similar challenge, but I didn't keep up. I'll try again.
It sure is true for me. When I vocalize my prayers, I say what's in my heart so much better. My mind doesn't wander. I don't repeat myself so much. Thanks for the reminder!
I have prayed out loud twice since reading this. It's nice.
I like your definition of a good teacher: it resonates with me. And I've got to pray aloud more often. I agree with everything you said!
Post a Comment