What's keeping us all happy these days:
Bill - has been preparing all week for a pitch today. He is doing work he loves and that really keeps him happy. The other night he was up until 3:30 am working. There is a guy here in town who has recently started his own investment banking firm. Bill is working on a couple of projects with him with the possibility of doing something more permanent together. While I was away in Kansas City, he took the kids to Lake Mojave a couple of times and they all loved it. (Willow Beach and Cottonwood Cove)
Kirsta - I have been really happy about seeing Heather and her family the other week. It's surprising how often I think about it. I also got to substitute in nursery last Sunday for one hour. It really made my day. Do you think I could convince the bishop that I should be called to be in the nursery during the second hour of church? Bill and I are talking about getting new cars, which makes me happy because I have started having issues with getting my keys out of the ignition of my van.
Faith - Reading romance novels all summer, going to girls camp, shooting guns, playing games on my new phone, having computer time at the library, reading People Magazine, getting a new outfit and accessories, seeing a school friend at the rec center pool and flirting with boys have all kept her happy this summer. She is going to be one of the models in the stake YW's Fashion and Beauty event in September, which she is looking forward to.
Will - is just happy. It doesn't matter so much if we do much or not, he's a happy kid. We have new neighbors who are also in our ward and the teenage son plays the drums. We are going to ask him if he is interested in teaching Will to play the drums...we think that will make him happy too. He has been reading a ton this summer (even though he sticks mainly to comic books.) He got the teacher he wanted for 3rd grade. It should be interesting. He is one of the few male teachers at school and has a sign on his door that says:
Ivy - We took her birthday money yesterday and went to Claire's and bought a bunch of new earrings. She loves them, but hates changing earrings, so she asks me to change them while she sleeps. Will keeps Ivy happy. Mostly. They are just about the right speed for each other. Ivy has started to fill in all the silences in our home with chatter and songs. I found her in the bathroom last night and when she realized she wasn't alone, started talking - loud and lots.

7 comments:
That is the oddest thing -- having someone else change your earrings . . . while you sleep? Funny girl.
I love the picture! Who took it? Bill? Faith? Someone else? And I loved all the happy things. Changing earrings while she sleeps made me giggle too.
I have a tripod for cameras, so I just stuck the camera up there and pointed it down on us.
Just what I needed. A happy blog. Thanks!! All those happy things made me joyous inside, which was a great antidote to being cooped up and not up to par.
Wow y'all are so COOL! Though I have to say, the idea of Faith being old enough to notice AND flirt with boys is a weird one.
I love the picture as well and all the up dates. Visits with sisters are great! Those kids are growing up fast.
Fantastic post! And that picture is Christmas card worthy - frame it!!
Post a Comment