Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Black and White Sunday

I have been having the hardest time finding a Sunday dress for Ivy that I really like and that covers her little shoulders. She is a 5T - you'd think it would be pretty easy!  I guess the truth is that I'm mostly just super cheap.  I know what I want to spend on a cute dress and the price I'm looking for along with "cute" are mutually exclusive.  So I went to the thrift store and found the biggest women's skirt I could find in a fabric I liked that looked easy to care for.  I then made it into a skirt and vest for Ivy.  We thought she looked adorable in it on Sunday.  (Faith said, "Ivy, you look so cute!  Just like a little lawyer!")



 
Pretty good for just $2! (The shirt was extra - a whole $3 from J.C Penny when their school uniforms for girls went on sale.)
 
 
Of course, we think she makes pretty much anything look good!
 

4 comments:

HW said...

You're kind of amazing, you know? She looks adorable! And--Oh my gosh--look at Faith's itty bitty waist. She is so cute too!

HW said...

And also--I'll keep my eye out for 5T dresses!

Hugs, Mom said...

You have an amazing eye for fashion and how to make it from other things. I am so impressed! Ivy is absolutely adorable and so is the new outfit!!

Paige said...

the matching hair styles are beautiful

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...