Last Monday the kids didn't have school and since I have wanted to see Ryholite, we drove up there and took family pictures for our Christmas card. Below is a picture before we got to Rhyolite - this is where we got gas.
Just next door to Rhyolite is the Goldwell Open Air Museum. I should have taken more pictures of all the cool art, but it was windy and a little cool out. I had used up all my leverage with my family convincing them to wear coordinating colors and let me take pictures of us. Below are a few pictures of my family checking out The Last Supper.
I loved the sofa and wished that the pictures of us had turned out better on it for our Christmas card.
I'm saving the Christmas picture for a surprise, but you will know that it was taken in Rhyolite while wearing mescal beans. On the way back south we stopped at Big Dune to play around. It was a little bit cold as we got there just as the sun was setting.
But even with the cold, it was super fun for 80% of us to run around the dunes and play in the sand.
I thought it was quite a memorable day. It's one of those things I wonder if my kids will remember (maybe not) when they're grown, but I will.
Monday, November 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...

6 comments:
Ah! You blogged! I will too. You guys are so cute. Does Faith's eyebrow do that quizical thing naturally (the one she is doing on the couch)? What is Rhyolite?
What a fun place! I haven't heard of it. Where is it. Close to LAS? Let's go see it together.
Rhyolite is a ghost town just outside Beatty (2 hours north of us on the I95)just to the east of Death Valley. They used to mine a material there (rhyolite), but mining operations stopped and the people left. Now it's mostly ruins. You should google images of it because they're really neat.
I want to be cool like you. The photos are terribly artistic. I want to know more about the last supper. That is awesome, and you should post every single picture you took there. Maybe you could photo-shop me into the picture of your kids on the mosaic couch, too. Then I could pretend I was being cool like you.
That place looks so cool. You do such great things.
That place looks amazing! Love the one with the sheet/ghosts looking things. :)
Post a Comment