Tuesday, November 12, 2013

To Shave or Not To Shave?

Almost a year ago Ivy told me in a really excited voice, "My leg furs have come in!" When I examined her little legs, I saw that she was telling the truth. I have never seen a little girl with leg furs like hers!

They are a bit of a problem. She can't wear leggings or even many of her long pants these days because they make her leg furs itch her legs too much. I have tried lotion, but it does nothing to help.

Today she came to me crying and asking for me to shave her legs. I agreed to do it because I thought it might help her, but she got scared and changed her mind. She cried and cried because she didn't want to go to school because sitting criss-cross-applesauce in long pants makes her legs itch too much to bear. We changed her into shorts and sent her to school.

Now the question is, do we take her and shave off those leg furs so she can wear leggings this winter?
She's only five!!


5 comments:

Hugs, Mom said...

Leg fur! She has such a fun way of expressing herself. Maybe she'd like to use an electric razor??? I'd let her use mine. Itchy legs are NO FUN.

HW said...

I'm with Mom. You might as well at least try and see if it helps--if she wants to. Poor adorable furry baby!

Paige said...

I'm too busy chuckling to answer your question. Have to . . . heh heh . . . get back with you . . . waaa-haa-haa-ha!

Just Kristina... said...

I'm calling it "Leg Fur" from now on. That girl has a good point...

Kayci said...

I wonder if coconut oil would help? (rubbing it in to her legs) But shaving might be the thing to do. I love the "leg fur" term. Poor girl.

Have you tried anything?

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...