It's an interesting word, isn't it?
Our YW's presidency was released today and a new one was called. I was also called to be a primary teacher. There were lots of tears in Young Women's today as we had a testimony meeting and all the former leaders and new ones too shared their testimonies.
I have been thinking of my friend, Debbie, the former president. It was hard for her to be released. She loves these girls so much. It reminded me of being released as Primary President. I also thought about being released from full time missionary service. That was the hardest release of my life. I felt that mantle (and all accompanying blessings, protections and responsibilities) taken from me.
It's such a blessing to be given a calling along with a release. I'm so excited for primary. I can't wait to meet my class and learn each wonderful thing about all of them. Onward!
Sunday, October 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...
3 comments:
Wow. That is really interesting to think about releases and why they might be hard. I've mostly felt relief, but I've also felt the emptiness.
I got to sub in Primary yesterday. It is seriously the best place to be. Those LUCKY kids who get to have you for a teacher--they don't even know yet how amazing you'll be!
CONGRATULATIONS! Hasn't it been a blessing to serve in YW? Being with Faith has to have been a blessing.
Now you get to be with Ivy and Will. WOW! You are one lucky lady!
What age kids are you teaching?
Have FUN1
Do you think it's released as in allowed to leave a confined and structured place, or released as in propelled forward with great force?
Post a Comment