Ivy wrote this about poems recently. It's fun to see her grow and change, but I want to hold on to every moment because the changes come so quickly!
She entered the Reflections Contest (well, I demanded that both she and Will enter a literary entry and a drawing in the Reflections Contest.) The theme for the Reflections Contest this year is "The world would be a better place if..." Ivy wrote the cutest little haiku about sandboxes. It was fun to clap out syllables with her so she could see if what she wanted to say would work. She wrote:
Sand is soft to me
Like flour, sugar, leaves, grass
I love sandboxes!
Not sure if the judges will agree that the world would be a better place if there were more sandboxes, but I think she gets lots of points for cute.
Will thinks I'm really into all the things he is into...like Alien Robot Dinosaurs. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Or maybe he just knows that I love practically everything he does. I read the Origami Yoda series so that I could understand him better and it turns out that I really liked it. I'm even making Faith read it over Christmas break so she can understand Will better too :)
Just before winter break, Will came home with a picture that he had colored at school:
He cracks me up. All the time. He loves loves loves to be funny, so sometimes we have to explain to him that he needs to make sure that when he's being funny, that it's an appropriate time and place.
This last picture was from a Fifth Grade boy named Christian. He gave me a picture of a fox with a hook for a paw so that I would always remember him. The funny thing is that it does make him quite unforgettable!
Sunday, December 28, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...




5 comments:
I especially loved how Ivy spells poem. And was the Alien Robot Dinosaur thing just a picture or a story? I was ready for more! These were all really fun.
Also, Wyatt recognized that fox. He is a character from a really scary video game.
Will and Ivy have a good thing going -- life is like fear factor, but on paper. So funny.
I love seeing your kids pictures and reading Ivy's poetry. I miss having kids that age. Life has so much more adventure
to it.
Lucky kids who have a mother who appreciates their words and art. Lucky mother who gets to share their world!
Post a Comment