This year I'm especially thankful for:
- The Lord providing just what I need when I need it. Everything from physical needs to growth opportunities, we seem to receive just what we need.
- Good health for me and my children. We have been so blessed in this area. It's really not fair, but I am truly grateful for it.
- A wonderful calling that makes me truly happy every Sunday. Have I gloated enough about getting to teach the ten year-olds?
Saturday we went to Death Valley. We had been wanting to explore it a little bit. Bill had driven there by himself once before, but the rest of us had never seen it. Our favorite part of the drive out was playing the game "I'm going to Death Valley and I'm going to die by..." If you can guess our rotation based on our answers, you get ten points:
Apocolypse Lemon in my laceration
Baboon Beating Mickey Mouse's Magical Mooing Mirror
Chipmunk rabies Nuclear Ninja
Dog Obese kids
Elephant stampede Pigeon Poop
Family puns Queen's orders Will's pet Walrus
Gangrene Righteous Indignation Xylophone
Hell's Angels Starvation Yodeling
Ivy Thomas the Train Zipper problems
Jigsaw puzzle Upcycled water
Knife Virus
I brought the camera and tripod so we could take some family pictures to try to get a decent one for our Christmas card. We took some pictures, ate lunch at a café that was only so-so and then went in search of the dunes. On the way to the dunes, Ivy had to stop for a potty break in the bushes. It was the first time she went along-side the road without me there to hold her up. She did it standing up. We were all really confused and amazed because her pants were clean when she got back to the car. I'm still not sure exactly how she pulled it off.
The sand dunes were a big hit with the whole family (most of our pictures are from the dunes.) We did end up with sand in all sorts of places. I warned the kids (and Bill) when they did summersaults down the hill that they would end up with sand in places they didn't even know about yet...to which Ivy replied, "I think I already know one of them." She pretty much cracked us up the whole time.
| Ivy was very sad until we fed her. After eating her very large hot dog and French fries, she was ready for more hot dogs. |
| Will's favorite thing is still photo-bombing, though I think the man behind me was even more effective. |
| After Ivy threw sand one too many times, Faith (very sweetly - and secretly) poured sand down Ivy's pants. |

5 comments:
Oh thank you for blogging! I didn't even know there were dunes at Death Valley. And you all look great. The girls all have awesome hair. Love each word and picture!
Also, I'm pretty sure Will and Ivy are #3 and 4 in the rotation. I'm going to guess Bill, Faith, Will, Ivy, You.
Family death rotation -- who knew it could be so hilarious? I may have to play that game when the family gets together this Christmas. Y'all completely cracked me up with your dark musings.
Beautiful pictures. Loved going with you! You went as a child, but we didn't find the dunes. --Mr. Hugs
I love it when you blog, and these pictures of smiling are absolutely adorable! Where are the sand dunes? So perfect for family fun!
Post a Comment