Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pictures from School

Last Friday I had a wonderful time substituting a Fifth Grade class not too far from our own elementary school. The kids made me feel like a rock star, which was so great after substituting Biology and Chemistry at Green Valley High a few days before where the kids made me feel...not like a rock star.


KJ as a sub (but not last Friday)

 Will was student of the month in December. I had never been to the student of the month lunch for him at Twitchell in the past, so this time I surprised him by showing up. He was pleased. It warmed my heart. They gave the kids a special pizza lunch and a story with the principal, Ms. Woolridge.


Will with the principal, Ms. Woolridge
 Faith was also chosen to be student of the month in December.
Ms. Seitz, Faith's art teacher, nominated her for Student of the month
 One of Faith's friends from church was also chosen to be a student of the month in December, Reese Kimball.
Faith with other students of the month. Reese is behind her just to the left (with the super-short hair.)

5 comments:

HW said...

Ah ha ha! Pictures! I loved them. Hooray for your very good kids! And I think you are a very cute sub. 10 year olds are so much nicer than teenagers as a general rule, aren't they?

Hugs, Mom said...

I miss your family! These pictures were good for what was ailing me! Congrats Faith and Will. You look so official as a sub. Isn't it wonderful that you don't have to teach biology and chemistry every day?

HW said...

I also am glad I don't have to teach biology and chemistry every day. And I know how to do that!

Paige said...

Don't you love having goodness rewarded by people in official positions? I do. Your kids are GOOD. You are too. I think you're a rock star no matter what room you enter.

lifeisbeautiful said...

You have great kids. It is always nice to have other people formally recognize that. I am glad you get to teach. I probably would have had a much better school experience if you had been my teacher.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...