Faith has been excited and nervous about school starting. Last Monday she attended a leadership meeting for all the AP Academy freshman kids at her school. They had a motivational speaker come and he had some kids share what they would like to change if they could change one thing about their school. Faith said that many of the students who shared agreed that they would change it so there were fewer cliques and everyone fit in. She giggled to herself thinking, "So all of us nerds got together and we think there shouldn't be any more cliques." (Isn't she fun?) Because she is in the AP Academy, she was able to get her schedule and locker a week early and tour the school. That helps a lot. She has a ride to early morning seminary on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with a Laurel in our ward.
Just last night we were watching some old family movies and Will and Ivy both commented how when Faith was 7, she seemed much older than 7 - Ivy is that age! Ivy said she seemed like she was 8 or 9. Will said, "She seems like she's my age!" She has always been pretty grown up.
 |
| Faith Evans First Day of 9th Grade at Coronado High School |
Ivy was so excited this morning. All morning long she asked, "Isn't it time to go yet?" Our next-door neighbor, Mallory, is in her class this year and we hope it's a wonderful thing. (They have an interesting relationship.)
 |
| Ivy Evans - First Day of 2nd Grade at Twitchell Elementary. Teacher: Mrs. Hansen |
Will was not excited to be going to school this morning. As we got closer to the school he told me he had butterflies. I told him that at least he knew his best friend, Kaden, would be in his class. "Yes," he replied, "and Josh too!" Right as I pulled up he was in the middle of telling me something about not wanting to go and mid-sentence he interrupted himself to yell, "Oh, there's Noah! I must go say hello!" He was out the door and off to the sounds of me and Ivy whining to him that he needed to wait for Ivy. I think he'll be okay.
 |
| Will Evans - First Day of 5th Grade at Twitchell Elementary. Teacher: Mrs. Baker |
Just this morning I was thinking about how I have one in HS and two in ES this year. I thought, "Well, next year we'll cover all three schools, but only for three years. Then it'll just be HS and MS...that just grew everyone up way too fast." Where is the time going?!
 |
| "The Thinker" poses |
This is Will and Ivy's last year of school together at the same school until Will is a Senior and Ivy is a freshman. I'm holding on tight with both hands to this year. Okay, I think I'm just going to go have a little cry now.
3 comments:
Oh you're right! They are so cute! Faiths sense of humor is really great. And you're also right that it happens too fast!
One of the people I work with reports that if a child goes on a mission, she needs to "go home and cry the ugly cry." That made me so impressed with his wife -- and a little embarrassed because I seem hard hearted. I hope I didn't damage my kids by not caring more.
The photos are lovely.
Oh Paige! You care plenty. You just don't cry much.
Kirsta I always look forward to your first day of school pictures. What beautiful children you have! Loved every one and your words made them that much more enjoyable. You are such a good mommy!
Post a Comment