A few days before her birthday, Ivy had a very subtly animal themed birthday party. It turned out to be the easiest party I've thrown. I planned for two hours, but should have planned for 2.5 or three hours. Swimming was easy entertainment.
Faith made the hippo piñata. It was really cute and everyone had a great time whacking at it.
Libby was our cutest when it came to posing for pictures.
Ivy wore my shoes. I guess hers were too hard to get to. I've never seen a kid disappear quite like she did at her own party. She would occasionally play with the other kids, but just as often, she was off doing something by herself.
Ivy was really sweet about letting her siblings participate. Though we did give Will an actual job at one point. We had heard that one of her friends had blown out the candles at another kids' party a few weeks prior, so we told Will to position himself next to this kid and not let him do that when it was time for cake.
We fed them pizza, played "free the animals from the ice", went swimming, had a piñata and did cake. Plenty to fill two hours.
Faith was a little bit sad about how all her hard work got smashed...but that is the whole point of a piñata.
I was really proud of the party hats I made. They turned out really cute with Starbursts on the top.
Ivy requested a Texas sheet cake for her cake. How easy is that? I love it when my kids do that.
We didn't even really have time to open the presents with the friends, which I think is even better than having time for it. The boys never stay interested anyway.










2 comments:
Great photos -- some of these I didn't see on your phone. The lit-up cake and lots more. Those hats are awesome, too. The hippo was just great, too. Pink and purple hippos should be included at least once in everyone's life.
You do such good birthdays! And I like knowing that Ivy can work a room, but also takes breaks from her own party. What interesting traits to combine in one girl.
Post a Comment