Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter 2016

Last night Ivy was planning on putting one of those Easter colored hard boiled eggs out for the Easter Bunny along with some carrots. I couldn't take it. I called her to me and told her that I am the Easter Bunny. She went directly to her dad and I heard her say, "Mom just ruined my childhood. She told me that she is the Easter Bunny." I heard Bill reply, "I think she just doesn't want to lie to you."

Later as we were getting things cleaned up I asked Ivy if I had really ruined her childhood and she said, "Yes, well, kind of. Can I help hid the Easter Eggs?" She then ran to the guest bedroom closet where we keep the Easter baskets and grabbed those along with all the plastic eggs and started hiding them. I told her to stop, and that she and I could hide them in the morning because we are usually the first ones to get up anyway.

This morning when she got up, she came and got me. I told her I would be up in a few minutes and she came right back in saying that she had been downstairs and seen that the eggs were already hidden! She asked me if I had hidden them, to which I replied, "I was going to do that with you this morning, remember?" She spent the next hour singing, "The Easter Bunny is reeeee-aaaal! The Easter Bunny is reeeee-aaaal!"

I got two bad pictures of my kids before church is all, but Heather's Easter pictures made me wish we had more and better ones:

 We didn't buy clothes for Easter, but Ivy is wearing new jellies...some years that's as good as it gets.

Nobody was ready for this picture because I just hurried and snapped it while Bill was in the background.

3 comments:

Paige said...

The sisters supervising the tying of the tie is even better than when people try hard to look good for a picture. If your mom can't ruin your childhood once in a while, she's just not trying hard enough, really. This post really cheered me up.

HW said...

I love them both! There is great value in bad pictures. And I loved the story about Ivy!

Hugs, Mom said...

Ivy is one fun kid! I don't think I've ever been exposed to a kid who really wanted to believe in the Easter Bunny before. SO FUN! This post reminded me of my childhood for some reason. Not that I bought into the Easter Bunny, but the hiding and finding hard boiled eggs amongst the tulips in the front yard of our Show Low house. They looked so pretty.

And I love the photos. Can Will really tie his own tie? Way to go!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...