Sunday, March 6, 2016

Family Fast for Willa

I just wanted to report on my experience with fasting for Willa.

I don't know why, but fasting was especially difficult for me today. I had to sit down several times while getting ready for the day because I was feeling so terrible. While sitting on the tub, I told Bill that it might have to be a "half day" fast for me. However, in righteous desires, I happen to know that there is more help available to me than what I have on my own.

I knelt down and prayed that I would have the strength to do a full fast for Willa. I was fairly weak all day, but things were noticeably better from then, through church, clear until dinner time. (Plus I got to help out in nursery at church which is one of the best kept secrets to making fasting easier with those adorable little kids and plenty to do to keep busy.)

Thank you, M'Li for suggesting such a great idea. I know that there is real power in fasting. M'Li fasted for me when I was going through a dark time in my life and the next thing I knew I was serving a mission - one of the most defining experiences of my life.

3 comments:

HW said...

Thank you for fasting for my girl! I love you so.

Hugs, Mom said...

I didn't know your story about M'Li fasting for you. Isn't she wonderful?!!

Paige said...

Ah, the faith of good people. I'm so glad we did something together this week. Fasting for Willa helped me love her even more.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...