Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Who's Helping Who?

This morning I called Heather at 6:10 am my time. My thinking was this, "This is a terrible time for me to talk. I bet it's a really great time for Heather." It was so much fun to talk to her in the morning and a great way to start the day. She asked me if I was busy getting kids ready for school and I admitted that, "No, they get themselves ready." I was just making my lunch.

After we talked for 10 minutes I had to go and as I continued to get my stuff together and breakfast ready, I asked Ivy and Will to take the recycling and garbage out. Then I had Ivy get my laptop and charger together for me. After a few more requests of help from Ivy and Will I realized that they were helping me get ready for school. It would probably be an easier morning for them if I weren't there!

I substituted Will's English class again today and he made my day by telling me after school, "I wish you were our long-term sub for English until the end of the year." I think I've mentioned that he has always been able to melt my heart.

3 comments:

Paige said...

Will is good medicine. I adore him.

HW said...

Ah! He melts my heart too. What a very good boy. And I'm still jealous all your kids get themselves ready for school. My big ones do, but my littles are so far away yet.

Hugs 2 You said...

I love how your famiy works together. I especially savor each word of your birthday gift blogs! LOVE YOU!!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...