Sunday, May 7, 2017

Gladsongs

Gladsongs is the title of Heather's blog. I find a lot of value in seeing the positive and looking for the good in life. Here is some of the good in my life lately:

Teacher appreciation week was last week at several of the schools where I substituted. I had the best nacho bar of my life at Basic High School on Monday (homemade fixings by people who know how to do it); I had amazing tacos at Bob Miller Middle School on Friday. That's a great thing about Las Vegas: people say thank you with Mexican food.

A friend from church is working to help me get a job at the middle school where she teaches. She checked in with her principal this week to see how it was coming and if she would be contacting me. These kindnesses are heart warming.

Bill was gone for an extra long time on his hike this weekend. I was truly worried. It turns out he had gotten lost and had to bush whack his way back to the car. Truly grateful to have him home safely.

One more final exam and I am done with my prerequisites. I will be able to apply to WGU for a Masters in Teaching Social Sciences this month. If I get into their ARL program then I will be able to be hired full time as a regular teacher this fall.


4 comments:

HW said...

Hooray for blessings--especially in the form of Mexican food! What does ARL stand for? Whatever it is, I'll be praying for you. I'm particularly glad Bill came home safely too. Phew!

Kayci said...

That sounds yummy and fantastic! Especially that Bill came back safe!
And I know what ARL is! Alternate Route to Licenseure.

Paige said...

Doncha love it when dreams come true, true loves return, and people want to give you talks for free? Me too.

Hugs 2 You said...

Yea for your team! Finally it's on to the Master's program. I'm so happy for all your blessings. Maybe it helps a little bit that I pray for you every day.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...