Monday, May 15, 2017

Mother's Day Weekend 2017

We had quite a weekend!! Friday and Saturday was the Father's and sons camp out at Echo Bay, so it was just the girls at home. On Saturday Morning Faith was in a math competition at Rancho High School (ask her to pull out her nerdy voice sometime...we had never heard it before until she got braces and decided that the braces deserved to have "the voice" with them...she's such a crack up!)

While Faith was busy competing, Ivy had a birthday party to go to in Boulder City. I dropped her off and went back home to get beds and bathrooms ready for Mariah and McCall (who actually goes by "Mac") to come stay with us. M & M's arrival was timed perfectly to help me with picking up kids. Ivy and Faith both needed me to pick them up at 12:30 and they were 40 minutes apart. I picked up Ivy and they picked up Faith (who had some interesting experiences while waiting for them!)

 When we got back to the house, it wasn't too much later the Bill and Will got home from camping. It was fun to get to talk to Mariah and Mac. We especially enjoy Mac because he is from the same stake we were in when we lived in Connecticut. It was fun to catch up on the new stake presidency (his dad is one of the new counselors) and others.

Saturday night Bill took me out to eat at Crazy Pita even though he was exhausted from the lack of sleep at the Father's and Sons Camp Out. He got big points for that one.

Sunday morning was a slow morning because our church starts at 11:00. I got to listen in on Mariah's call to Heather and laughed about how much Griff loves to talk on the phone. Mariah played chess with Ivy, we had lots of visiting time, and my great kids helped me get a Mother's Day craft together for the nursery kids to make for their mothers.


 

I got a quick snapshot of Mac and Mariah before church started, but decided I needed a better picture than that, so I took the one below after sacrament meeting.


Ivy sang with the primary in sacrament meeting, which is one of my favorite things about Mother's Day. Mariah even said that our primary was actually really good - no yelling children and they all knew the words :)

After church, while Mariah and Mac were off playing, we played Mother's Day. Ivy gave me some cute magnets and a picture with her picture on it that said "I love you because even you get mad at me you still love me." I secretly loved it that the words were not in the right order. (Ivy made sure to explain to me what the right order was.)
Bill and the kids also got me a camera lens for my smart phone to take better pictures...I had to experiment a lot. It seems to improve the camera on the front of my phone even more than the one on the back.

Another good part of Mother's Day was lying on the sofa playing with my new camera lens while my family cleaned up the dishes!



Then we went to Boulder City to Veteran's Memorial Park where we like to walk around the pond. This time we brought baseballs and a football. We made up our own game called "Jarvis" with the football.






Faith spotted this turtle on the banks of the pond. We have seen turtles there before, but never on the banks.


If you look closely, you can see the cute turtle swimming away in this picture.



Ivy fell and re-injured her already scraped-up knee. Poor thing. It was pretty painful. Bill handled the bandaging of the knee.


On our way home, we stopped at the Boulder City Hospital. We were going to try to find their maternity ward and look at the babies, but they don't have one of those anymore at this hospital.


When we got home we played 21 with cards and the winner of each game got a shot of whipped cream straight in the mouth. That was pretty fun. It was a great Mother's Day!!

4 comments:

Paige said...

All that wild hair! Love it. It makes me think of Grandma Joanie. You make up awesome games. I'm so excited to be in the same state at the end of this month. I'll make sure to spend some time talking nerdy with Faith.

HW said...

I am still jealous you got to be with Mariah and McCall. But pleased you took pictures. Thank you so much! And Bill's bandaging job is....good.

And I like your idea to go see the babies. It's like going to a pet store to see the puppies. Sorry it didn't work out. I still remember seeing you through one of those ground floor windows. I'm so glad our mom had you!

Hugs 2 You said...

Thank you for letting us enjoy Mother's Day with you, your family, Mac and Mariah. (I'm glad to find out that McCall likes to be called Mac...FUN!

Hugs 2 You said...

PS I still can't find the turtle.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...