Thursday, July 13, 2017

Stung

Yesterday after swimming I was stung by a bee. (Only the second time in my life!) I watched as the bee tried to no avail to get the stinger out. Later I read that honey bees have barbed stingers making it impossible to get the stinger out once deployed in human flesh, and because they send out part of their digestive tract with the stinger, stinging humans is fatal to honey bees.


It has been 28.5 hours and it still is swollen, rashy, and hurts! I'm taking an antihistamine tonight. Hopefully tomorrow it will feel better.

5 comments:

HW said...

Ouch! Nice photo editing though. I don't think I've ever been stung by a bee. I remember Joel's hand swelling up huge when he was stung when we were younger though.

Hugs 2 You said...

Did the antihistamine helped! Did that bee just fly up and sting? Crazy bee! When we had a hive in Boulder City, I was trying to check the hive one night because I thought they'd all be asleep. Got stung two or three times on the fingers of my left hand. Antihistamine helped me.

Paige said...

I have only been stung by wasps. I wonder which hurts more. Obviously, right now, you hurt more. I said a prayer about your sting. It probably won't do much about the pain you already had, but I mentioned that I hope there won't be any infection. So hey, anticipate that answer to a prayer if it heals normally.

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kirsta said...

No infection, Paige. And it's definitely getting better, so thank you!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...