First and foremost, Aunt Janene - She holds all the stories of my mother's youth. The last in her family living, she carries the memories of the Mitchell & Glenda Bushman family. She loves me as only my mother's sister could.
My father's sisters - I shouldn't have been surprised to see them all come to say goodbye to Mom. They knew that Mom loved them and saw her love their children.
Phyllis Fillmore - Taught me in Sunday school and has claimed me ever since. Mom was her visiting teacher in the last few years, so they were close too.
Linda Coplin - She hugged me twice. She mothered me in my earliest years and was even at my wedding.
Sister Wilson - I can't remember what she told me, but it was in a very practical way, like she is. I spent hours at her house as a child playing with Margie. She was organized, had a clean house and a no-nonsense approach to life.
My mother-in-law - It has meant a lot to me to claim Bill's mother for myself during this time. She isn't a lot like my own mother, but she loves me (and she's good at it.) I need that.
This Mother's Day will be the Mother's Day I'm grateful to all the women who helped raise me and find my way in this life! My dear mother, young women's advisers, school teachers, grandmothers and sisters too!
Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:
Such a rich childhood. Out is also nice to be listening in as you count current blessings.
What a beautiful tribute to the important women in your life. Thanks for the family picture. At first glance I only saw a beautiful YOUNG woman between you and Will. At second glance I see Ivy standing on the bench. Love, Mr. Hugs
What a lovely tribute--and a beautiful photo of your family!
Post a Comment