Friday, May 11, 2018

Proof It's Not a Thankless Job

This week was teacher appreciation week at school. I got two free lunches and a bunch of candy and stuff (mostly from the administration). One teacher had her students write thank you notes to their teachers. It was very sweet. Another teacher had done this at Thanksgiving time as well. These notes are from both Thanksgiving and this week (and a few of them are very back handed thank yous, but they warm my heart nonetheless :))

These notes are just so that I don't have to keep a hard copy of them.



















 And just a few school selfies from today...

I am changing rooms next year, so now my walls are all bare. It is a little depressing to see the bare walls and not have my students' work up anymore. I am already feeling nostalgic about my first year of teaching. I have loved it so much and have realized that I won't ever have another first year again. My students have been (mostly) awesome and I have come home happy 90% of the time.

They are cutting back by one Spanish teacher at Veterans Tribute next year. Only two of us, and my friend, Silvia, is thinking of going to another school. I really hope she doesn't go.  Next year my administration has said that I will be teaching three sections of Spanish II H and three sections of study skills. No Spanish I next year. I am pretty sad about it. My 9th grade Spanish I students were my favorite. They are all wide-eyed about high school still and willing to really get into things.


3 comments:

HW said...

What a cute teacher you are! Not too many tests, and you never yell. I also liked the few that were written in Spanish. So sweet. Except the ones that weren't. Kids are like that. A box of chocolates, you know.

Hugs 2 You said...

KJ!
What wonderful tributes to a "First Year Teacher" from TEENAGERS! 90% is a very high happiness rating. I think that is about where mine was when I "worked". Mr. Hugs

Paige said...

What a gallery of good stuff. You hardly ever get mad. This is a very important trait. So cool that so many of your students decided to be sincere. If I took Spanish, I'd hope to get you for a teacher.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...