Sunday, June 24, 2018

Life's Lessons this week

Faith learned from Sancho Panza, "Whether the stove hits the pitcher, or the pitcher hits the stove, 'tis bad business for the pitcher." I love it that she is reading Don Quixote. I need to do it too! She has been quite busy for the last three weeks with her two online courses (World Lit & Sociology) and still tutoring at Mathease. She let us jam in on her party with her friend Alexis when they went to see The Incredibles II on Friday (because I told her I would pay if she would let us come.)

Will learned that the City of Bern is in Switzerland and Tuega Falls is in Africa - all from Animal Jam. We have a hopeful "Jambassidor" on our hands :)  He regularly calls a "Tuesday" when I say I won't play Marco Polo with him, thus obligating me to do it. (Because: Tuesday is our "other trigger word!" - I have told my kids that when we don't have words for an emotion because it is too big, we can just say "Tuesday" so everyone will get it - that this is a person on the edge.)

Ivy learned about a few vacations we are planning and is excited about them, but she is not excited to get cavities filled tomorrow :(   She had a small panic attack about doing front tucks at gymnastics yesterday that I hope does not become a regular thing for her.

Bill learned that he should be a professional hiker. He took off yesterday without quite knowing where he was going and ended up hiking around Dolan Springs. This guy is not afraid of a long hike. Even after being told where he was, I'm still not totally sure. He is working on getting a new laptop so that Will can inherit his and then Will can begin his YouTube career.

I learned that whether the bee is sat on or whether it flies up and stings you, the result is the same for both the bee and the stingee. Yes, I sat on a bee yesterday when we were outside swimming. If  people learn from pain, then I'm still learning. I'm at least learning to look where I sit. No pictures of the bee sting this time!

PS 10 points to whoever can name who is in the picture below!

Image result for joseph stalin

4 comments:

Paige said...

Could that be a very young, very hot Sancho Panza?

No photos of the bee sting? Does Ivy consider that fair? Maybe you should be more fair to her.

So much to love in your posts. You guys are fantastically fun.

kirsta said...

The picture is of young Joseph Stalin. Don't you love his hair? Styles must be coming back around!

Paige said...

Not bad!

HW said...

Wyatt's first guess was Trotsky, followed closely by Stalin. My blank look was thousands of paces behind.

I loved your lessons and felt sorry for your bottom!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...