Will has been busy with rec league basketball (where he is a key player on his team this year). They are undefeated after three games. Last night was their closest game - they only won by four points. It's fun to be on a winning team. He is also coming along in gymnastics and can now do a back tuck on the trampoline. His round-offs are getting better and better as well. We have seen some exciting things from him at the start of winter semester as he has been really getting after the homework with much more responsibility. He's on a winning track so far this semester.
My favorite pictures of Ivy at gymnastics are when she is talking to her friends. It probably says more about me than her :) She is really coming along nicely too. She is working on back hand spring, back tucks on the trampoline. She is working on getting more subscribers to her youtube channel. A few days ago she had 5 subscribers and as of tonight she has 30. Probably too much screen time for her lately, but I'm actually pleased with her drive to get more social media followers.
Dinner in Logandale with Dad, Marj and Paige was delicious. Marj even sent us home with some of her delicious soup (a lot like posse stew, but with chicken.) I agree with Paige that it was interesting to see the bits of changes she was making in the decorating. She now has a picture above the bed in the upstairs guest bedroom that talks about "Simplifying". It warmed my heart.
Faith and Ivy were really good sports about coming and being patient while all the talking got done. I think Will was there too...It seems like he was pretending to be asleep when we were taking pictures. Pictures are not nearly as important to him as they are to me these days.
![]() |
| Paige and I in Logandale. I'm really quite proud that we look like sisters. I look a little bit like Miss Alpine...who is now Mrs. Ladd. |
It was also fun to get to see Paige. It would have been more fun to get to talk to her a bit more. You would think that we would see each other more with both of us living here in Henderson, but it turns out that life is really busy!
This weekend Bill and I got to go hiking together. It was a really fun hike on the east side of the Colorado River just past Hoover Dam. We went to the trail head for the White Rock trail and hiked down to the hot springs. We didn't want to get wet because the sun was getting lower and we didn't want to be cold on the way out, but it would be fun to go back (on a non-holiday weekend when fewer people are there) and hike down through the hot springs.






4 comments:
Hooray for hiking and hooray for gymnastics! But especially hooray for sister pictures and Happy Birthday to Faith!!! Love you so much!
Yay! Pictures. I'm putting them on my blog as well.
I had a hard time understanding how that was "The head of a beast"? Please help.
Being bold about back handsprings and back tucks is one of those essential childhood skills -- but only for people with super-motivated gym dads, I guess. Did you ever get that skilled when you took gymnastics?
You guys are awesome.
Oh my goodness! I didn't catch Dad's expression in that photo with the Evans chicks. It was my true laugh out loud moment of the night. Not his typical dignified look.
So much fun and work and goodness happening. Happy late birthday to Faith! It’s hard to believe she is that old and about to graduate.
It’s fun to hear about Will and ivy progressing in gymnastics and their other life endeavors. Being on a winning team does help a lot!
Hiking sounds wonderful especially if it is kind of warm!
I love the pictures with you and Paige and your dad and Marj. I love your dad’s silly face one! It made me laugh out loud too.
Love you all!
Post a Comment