2/18/19 - not the easiest day ever. Good things that have happened are that I got to talk to Paige on the phone and she even came and gave hugs and gifts, Bill stayed home a little late in the morning so we got some time with him and I went looking for the Earth's gifts on a drive like Mom used to do.
Here is what I found:
Yellow flowers!! These pretty little things bloomed because it's supposed to be spring here in Nevada. Nobody told them that it was going to snow on the mountains last night. Of course they reminded me of Paige. I thought about having the toughest girl in school be on your side once in a while. That's a pretty good feeling. These gorgeous tough desert flowers made me want to talk to Paige. It took awhile, but we finally did connect.
There is something empowering and expansive about these huge blue skies that are mine while living here. The last few weeks we have had gray days and more rain than usual. The big blue like my mother's eyes are a wonderful gift today.
Snow-capped mountains towering over Las Vegas. It's easy to forget that Mount Charleston is the biggest geographical feature looming over these meadows. I loved how the red from Red Rock contrasted with the white of Mount Charleston and how both dwarf the iconic skyline of Las Vegas.
On a side note, these pictures in Henderson were taken from just past an interesting neighborhood that I had never explored. I'll post a picture of one of the houses I saw. No HOA out here, but it looks like there is money. There are some very nice homes intermixed with some wacky ones too. I saw a geodesic home that had what looked like a McDonald's Playplace in the backyard. There were mission style homes (which I love) and there were gated compounds.
This house had a lot next door to it for sale. I think it's not finished yet, but it's interesting where they are going with this. I'll have to check back in the neighborhood regularly.
Back to natural wonders instead of man-made ones...
More yellow flowers watching over Lake Mead and the snowy mountains beyond. There were lots of photographers out on this windy, cold day to get pictures of snow behind Lake Mead. I was kind of proud to be one of them :)
I wouldn't call it a happy Hugs Day today, but it has been bitter sweet. Feeling so blessed to have had my mother in my life for almost 44 years. She left me with so many wonderful memories and one of the best gifts she and Dad gave me were my siblings. So so grateful.
Monday, February 18, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...




4 comments:
Your last photo is simply breathtaking. I adore it. I'm putting it on my blog (with proper credit) and I'll also mention I adore you more!
Hard day -- but good one, too.
You must have driven home on Racetrack. I see that house a lot. I smirk at it.
So many hugs to you! I love the name of the day too! We were thinking about your mom all day too. Glen and I ate breakfast with Janene and Larry at Jim’s yesterday. It seemed like the right thing to do and something that the sisters would have done together. Love you guys so much!!!
These pictures were just the post I needed. It is exactly what Mom would have done on a little bit sad day. Wish I could have been there to hug you too.
Post a Comment