Monday, February 25, 2019

Last week was sooooo cold for Las Vegas. Really cold. It snowed all night Wednesday night and all morning long Thursday. More in some parts of the valley than others. In Henderson we got more of a slushy rain, but there were definitely big snowflakes too. My children and my students were all surprised and excited about the snow. The first thing in the morning my students came in saying that they wanted to go outside in the snow. They were all wet and happy. It was cute.

This was a view from my desk looking out the window. I put the blinds up so that we could see the snow until other teachers started taking their students out there to play in it. It was too distracting and I wasn't nice enough to take time from Spanish class to go get cold.

This picture was from Friday. No school for any of Clark County School District schools due to "inclement weather." It was kinda funny. Not sure when we'll make up that day.

Saturday was pony tail day for Faith, Ivy and me. Bill was nice enough to take a picture of our pony tails. We got out of the house a bit to go to the library and hit wiffle balls at the park with Ivy.

Faith was supposed to get her braces off today, but the retainer machine wasn't working so she'll have to go back in 2 weeks to get them off. Shoot! I was getting all excited for her.

Sunday we went to church to see a missionary homecoming of a neighbor girl who just returned from Chile. It was also a farewell for another kid in our ward leaving for Costa Rica. Nobody in our family recognized him as he grew up to look like an 18 year old version of Harry Potter. (The second picture was for Ivy who wasn't looking her best in the first one.)

We are looking for new gymnastics classes for Ivy and may have found just the thing. Hopefully.

Will still isn't eating treats. Every time I ask him if he is going to go for a whole year he just says, "I don't know."

3 comments:

HW said...

Do you think you did the right thing not letting them play in the snow?! It was historic, after all.

I loved the ponytail pictures. Your hair is getting so long!

I'm disappointed for Faith and proud of Will.

And Costa Rica! Dang! I would like to go live there for two years. What an awesome mission.

Good luck to Ivy in her new gym. What are her goals for that? What are yours? Griff wants to do back flips and is THRILLED that he learned how to do a front flip into the foam pit.

Dad N. said...

Thanks for beautiful photos of beautiful people. Snow and cold are rare enough there to make it worthwhile to talk about and show it. Love from Dad & Marj

Paige said...

Your pony tale photo was dramatic -- such lovely ladies. Also, now that I go back to scrutinize the merits of both photos in Sunday best, I see your point. Ivy has reached the age (sniffle) where goofy faces can be unfortunate. Intentionally goofy is no problem -- that's true forever. Unintentionally goofy is just wrong. To an aunt, it doesn't matter, though. I like that girl so dang much!

They've got a retainer machine on site? That's a gadget I'd love to run. Maybe just watch for an hour. No more sending out to the lab -- at least not for Faith's orthodontist. COOL!

Will's attitude toward no treats: appropriately non-committal.

I absolutely adore that photo of you by your pool. What a beauty!

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...