Sunday, April 21, 2019

The Rest of Spring Break

Thursday was Ivy's day and it was pretty low-key. We went to Smiths and each chose something for lunch. Ivy got sushi, Will got an Italian sub, Faith got a tuna sandwich and I got baby carrots (I knew the kids would share some of theirs with me too.) Then we took it to the picnic tables outside the library so that we could eat there and then go take more pictures of books with faces.
Will and Ivy were sweet to pose for us outside the library.

Friday we went to see Papa Fred and Marj in Logandale for dinner. We drove by way of Lake Mead and stopped along the way to play on the red rocks and do some bouldering.




We met Papa Fred and Marj at Sugar's for dinner and then went back to the house for ice cream and strawberries with whipped cream. It looked delicious. We also put the turtle in our car and took it home to Henderson where it is sitting by our front door. I gave Papa Fred the amethyst ring for M'Li to have a turn with. Oh yes, and Will posed for me with his hair styled back. He can be really fun, that Will.

Today we went to an Easter Egg dive at the rec center. The actual Easter Egg dive was a little bit lame, but we had fun swimming (except for Faith, who had fun watching all the divers). It was a fun family activity.
This is Ivy fearlessly jumping off the high dive.

Bill also did some tricks for us. He sounded like he wasn't going to do any because he is getting older, but we kept him there long enough that he was getting bored. 


and here is one of my tricks from Will's birthday at Sky Zone:


2 comments:

HW said...

What?! You can do front handsprings? That is so cool! And I love that Ivy loves sushi. And that Bill, when bored, will go ahead and do the tricks. And I love that you have the turtle at your house. And I'm glad to know where Dad and Marj are. What a fun spring break!

Paige said...

My comment didn't appear. Trying again.

Ivy's yellow shirt and flip flops make me happy -- and also the moment just before she dives was beautiful. I was at Redstone the day after you. Whenever I go there, I have a continuous loop in my head of the Abominable Snowman from the movie Monsters Inc saying, "We got all kinds of kids. Tough kids. Sissy kids. Kids who climb on rocks."

I'm with Heather. You're a pretty remarkable woman to be doing handsprings like that. Bill's dive is good, too. We expect these things from him, though.

I should come by to see the stone turtle bench in your yard. I'm pretty sure I'd love that experience.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...