
I applied for several schools on Thursday and by Friday afternoon I had accepted a position at Basic for this fall....I know, I know...everything I ever said I would never do I end up doing. I am really learning to never say never anymore!
On Thursday afternoon, an AP from Basic called me for an interview. She said that she would just skip the references and get me in the next morning (Friday) during my prep period at 7am. The interview went really well and she offered me the job on the spot because she had "talked to my supervisor right before my interview and knew there were other schools interested". I asked her if I could talk to my husband first and she agreed. We decided I would let her know as soon as possible on Monday.
During school I got a call from Foothill HS (my first choice of the schools I applied for) for an interview after school. I showed up and they were late getting to me. The interview was okay except that I didn't like the principal that much (who would have been my supervisor.) By the time I had driven home I was pretty sure that I wanted to be at a school that was excited to have me and that Basic was going to be a great option. I called and left a message and emailed the AP who offered me the job. I told her I was excited to accept her offer. It's good to have that decided!
3 comments:
I had a fabulous experience with the students at Basic when I went there last month. (It's close to the pool as well so I had a swim right away.) Knowing how much your current students love you, there every reason to think the magic will happen again. The commute is going to be a lot shorter, too. What great news! Well done, Sista!
Wow! Fastest job search ever! It's good to be in demand. I'm excited for your new adventure and hope everything works out in happy ways. I'm also in favor of a shorter commute.
Post a Comment