Monday, October 21, 2019

Finishing some things and starting more

Ivy had her last day of gymnastics on Friday. A mom at gymnastics asked me what she is going to do now. I was left with nothing to say. We don't have plans to get her into anything else. I don't know if it's me or her that needs a break! The good news is that she has her back-handsprings,which was the goal when she started gymnastics. The mom who asked me told me, "Well, we'll probably see you back here at Gymcats. Everyone always comes back." Unfortunately, I kind of believe her.

Will and Ivy both had their last cross country race on Saturday for the season. I think neither of them did their best at this last race, but they both had a fun season making new friends and running their guts out. Will says he wants to take a week-long break, but is going running with a friend this evening...so we'll see what his break looks like.

I haven't really finished anything, but told my supervisor that I was willing to sell a prep to take on another Spanish I class. We had a teacher leave and her 6 classes have had a combination of substitutes and teachers who do and do not speak Spanish subbing for her classes. We need a better long-term solution, so I agreed to take on one of the classes. We'll see how this goes. I may never want to do it again, but it will be a crazy new experience. I think the best case scenario would be that i get the points for stepping up and being willing to take on a class, but because nobody else was willing to do it, I don't actually have to do it.  More to come on this.

Access Health Dental has hired some new people that Bill is in charge of bringing up to speed for their jobs. He still has a bunch of other things to take care of at work, but everyone trusts him to know these things more than others. He is still running too. He and Will are starting to talk about doing a Spartan race together. I think it would be fun for them.


2 comments:

HW said...

I'm glad for everyone at your house getting a break except you and Bill--which is the half that may need a break most! It does feel like a breath of fresh air to step away from things for a while. And you should get WAY more than points for taking another class. You should think about what you want, what would be reasonable to ask for, and then ask. Holy cow! Good luck! I'll keep praying for you.

Paige said...

Does Ivy think she will keep cross country? Or was she doing it because Will does it? I have no great loss of tuba, but my brother did I'm at least enough to get me into it. Brothers can have a great effect on people.

It sounds really hard to accept responsibility for another class. I don't really know whether to congratulate you or sympathize with you. Maybe a little of both.

Your husband is good at keeping things going where they should be going. I hope the people at Dental Group appreciate him.

Bill and Will interested in the same race must make Will feel like a grown up.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...