This week started off with an exceptionally long visit to the orthodontist. It became a picture-taking event because we got so bored. Ivy is getting her braces off in a few weeks as phase one for braces is over. Will's phase one and phase two merged together, poor guy. Not sure how long he'll be in braces!
They are preparing Ivy's retainer. She was just a little bit irritated that they got some of the mold material on her new jacket!
Will had brackets taken off and replaced. The good doctor is trying everything he can for Will not to have to have any teeth extracted and to get one last canine to come in without having to go to have them cut him open to expose it. (Please, lucky star, let this work!!)
He got the jacket he is wearing in California last week at his cross country meet. He loved traveling with the team!
It was homecoming week at my school this week. I participated in the spirit days I thought I could muster: FBI vs Aliens. I wore black pants and a white button down shirt. 80's day - I wore a pink blazer with big shoulder pads in it. My students laughed at me. :)
This picture is from the Homecoming assembly. My favorite part of the whole week was watching the boys dance team perform. Two of the special ed. kids joined them and boogied with them, and those boys were so great about it. They just made room for them and added them to their pose at the end. It was so heart warming.
Our student body president has a Pac-Man suit he wears to all the assemblies. It just looks like polka-dots, but up close you can see that those really are little Pac-Man characters!
I have a friend at Basic who teaches Home Ec. On Wednesday Basic is having PSAT testing which means that my 6th period class will only have 7 students max in it. Carrie has agreed to let me use the Home Ec. kitchens to come make chili dip and quesadillas with my few students who are actually coming to class. She is even buying the ingredients for me with Home Ec. budget money. Friends are the best!!
By the end of the week we were all hammered. I have had a weird cold this week that has plugged my ears and given me a headache, but no sore throat or cough or runny nose. Very strange. And exhausting. Ivy fell asleep early on the sofa. (Look for the foot!)
Even if Will is tired he always has energy to hang out with his friends. He had to come home a little bit early last night so that Bill and I could go chaperone the Homecoming dance.
Even after sleeping most of Saturday, I still wasn't feeling quite up to par, so the HoCo dance wasn't nearly as much fun as it could have been, but it was great to see some of my students dressed up and having fun.







3 comments:
Will does not look pleased to have to come home early. And thank you for pointing out Ivy's foot--don't know if I would have caught that. How did you get roped into chaperoning? Maybe you volunteered because it seemed like fun if you weren't sick?! Alan was in Vegas this weekend. It makes it slightly easier for me not to be with him that you were busy and sick anyway. But I hope you feel much better very soon!
I stopped at your house after I went swimming today. It was probably orthodontist day. You have a great creative mind for thinking about making food on the day of the PSAT. Most of your students are going to be so jealous. I think it's awesome that Faith doesn't mind having random people admire her, and then putting them in the friend zone. Please tell Ivy and will that I hope their teeth don't hurt too much. Also, photos of tired kids are funny.
Oh, I failed to mention how impressed I am with your boys dance team for treating the resource students kindly. Nice going, Basic High.
Post a Comment