Sunday, October 27, 2019

Having fun...and being a little bit weird too

My only pictures from this week were from playing with Will and Ivy on our day off at Boulevard Mall. We must be having a lot of fun! Here are our fun things:
 Will:
Went thrifting with me yesterday and to Del Taco. He even indulged my by trying to speak Spanish while we were at Del Taco :)
He loves to hang out with his friends, which he did a couple of times this week. They often go explore the drainage ditches on their bikes and skateboards, but always end up at one of the guys' houses hanging out and playing video games. It's what they love.
He is doing better and better in Geometry.

Ivy:
Ivy had fun with Bill yesterday. He promised her that if she went hiking with him then he would buy her sushi for lunch and they could look at "plushies". She came home with a stuffed rabbit and had a great time. Dad did all the right things.

Ivy also leaves the house to go run a mile or two several times a week. She has to stay fast for cross country next year!


My fun things involve laughing at tweens and teenagers. There are plenty of days at school when I decide to just enjoy my students when they say things like, "Do different colored skittles taste different?" and "I would kill my son if he ever wore make-up." People of all ages have very strong opinions :)

Faith's fun these days involves lots of writing. Lots and lots of writing. She is currently interviewing Jewish people at UNR for a project she is doing in her 400 level Journalism class. I believe she is writing a monologue about being Jewish at UNR. She also always has something fun going on with roommates and friends. She sent me some pictures of her favorite places on campus so I have pictures of Faith this week too!



 Bill's fun keeps him looking young and healthy. He runs at the duck pond and hikes with whatever family member is interested or even alone. Hiking is good for his soul with people or not. He also has his fingers in all sorts of interesting investments and opportunities that keep him busy and interesting.


This last picture is after Ivy and Bill got back. Will and I picked up a top hat for Ivy to go with her Halloween costume (She wanted to be a skeleton with a top hat.) Notice that she is holding the plushie her Dad got her. It is still sitting next to her. I think she looks so young without her glasses!!

3 comments:

HW said...

I just love the updates! Will and Ivy are looking so long! I especially liked Ivy with her knees bunched up to fit into that train and also snuggling her new bunny without the glasses. Maybe she should get contacts so you can see more of her face regularly. ;) And especially thank you for the Faith updates. It sounds like she is thriving.

Kayci said...

I like your fun! It reminds me I need to do more fun things with my kids. I loved the updates on everyone. You are all doing great things that help you be healthy and happy and fun! And I agree with Heather maybe contacts for Ivy to keep her more youthful? She is so cute!

Paige said...

I disagree. Ivy doesn't want to be cool. Glasses help the non cool project. I also like hiking. I'm glad that your guys get to do that. I'm also glad Ivy's willing to give it a try. Text interspersed the photos makes me very happy. Have I mentioned lately that I like Faith's hair?

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...