My mom didn't like Mother's Day, but another thing I like about Mother's Day is thinking about my mom and what a gift it was to have her as my mother.
So here are my bestest reasons for loving Mother's Day:
1. Of course, my kids.
Faith had a coughing fit not long ago and I thought she was so cute when it happened. This does prove that I am in fact, not a good mother, but the type of mother that will film her child in distress. But isn't she adorable?
Will continues to just do funny stuff that cracks us up. I had another video of him that he didn't want me to have. I told him I was going to post it to Instagram unless he did this for me while I filmed it. He often doesn't want me filming his funny stuff. I guess this is another video showing that I am the kind of mother that will blackmail her own children. But isn't he funny?
I really should have a video of Ivy too, but I don't. Instead I'll share some of my favorites of her reactions. She has really cute reactions to things.
*When her grandpa Evans told her that once when playing marbles with a friend, one of his marbles was shot right up his friend's pant leg. Ivy's reaction: Did you say, "You can just keep that one,"?
*When she saw a freaky girl on Youtube who claimed to be a "Breatharian" . Ivy's reaction was a deep breath, then: "That was my breakfast!"
2. Bill - who helped me become a mother. He knows how to make my day and here is the evidence:
INXS, right? I'm just sayin'. Not everyone gets INXS on Mother's Day :)
3. Having such a great mother. Even though she isn't around, I think of her daily and it's almost like thinking of her calls her to me. I used to be afraid that I would forget her (this was while she was still alive), but the opposite has happened. I remember so much. I remember her laugh, the way she would screech with a muscle spasm, her softest hands, her hugs, her enthusiasm, the days she hurt, her cooking...there is so much to remember. I still feel close to her when I remember all these things.
So for everyone who reads this blog and celebrates Mother's Day,
Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:
Ok, I have watched each video multiple times and I keep forgetting to comment. My kids especially love the pants one, but I am enamored of all 3. Perhaps because I agree that Faith is so adorable and that Bill hit it out of the park for his Mother's Day gift.
Bill wins. Did we ever think that would happen? Maybe only because all of us were born in the seventies making us teens of the 80s. I'm ashamed to say his handwriting is a lot better than mine . Ivy's responses especially to the breatharian breakfast really made me giggle. I'd like your mom, too.
Post a Comment