Sunday, May 17, 2020

Still swimming...Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

Bill and I cut each others' hair this week. He did a pretty good job. It is nice to get some length off and I can still pull it back.

For him I just trimmed around the edges and then evened out some of the growth. Not much done and curly hair is pretty forgiving anyway so it wasn't a fail.

I told Bill to put his arm around me and act like he liked me. When we started to take a selfie, he wasn't even touching me! (It was hot out.)
 We went to Ruibio's for fish tacos. We thought maybe we could sit on outside tables to eat, but they still weren't offering that so we waited a long time for our food and took it home to eat. We had a lot of time for pictures while we waited :)


Enough time for Bill to show Faith and Will the video that Ivy helped him make for Mother's Day.

There was enough time for Ivy to finish her lemonade that she got with her meal. Sometimes for fun we will play Hamilton randomly and just watch her. She loves Hamilton and knows all the words. She'll start singing and then before long she will be in your face singing and dancing. So much fun!


There was enough time for a foot picture. Everyone knows I love foot pictures! This actually devolved into a foot fight pretty soon. This week Iv's feet took her nowhere pretty much...just from room to room in the house. Faith's feet took her to North Vegas (with the help of the Highlander) to see Eli. My feet took me running almost 15 miles in total. Will's feet took him outside to practice his skateboarding tricks and to touch more Henderson landmarks with Faith. (When they run, they touch landmarks like the Paseo Verde library, the post office, the elementary school...stuff like that. Every time they go they plan it around what they will touch next.)
 

Don't tell him I told you, but Will has been texting with a cute girl who runs at Coronado. I think the girl is a sweetheart, but her mother looks like she's been punched in the face because she's had her lips filled too much. Will misses his friends desperately. Our Taco Bell run was ruined by me holding Will and Ivy captive in the car and taking them places for too long.


Faith blows her hair dry and this is as straight as she can get it. She keeps getting excited and telling me, "It's down to my waist! Isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it?" She only wants to wear this red shirt. I have been trying to get more shirts for her so she doesn't wear just this, but it doesn't work. Her summer term starts tomorrow. She is taking Spanish II and another design class for journalism. She's actually on track to graduate next spring (and spring semester she will only have to take 5 credit hours.)


School is winding down for me. I just have to input a few more grades tomorrow, then post grades. I will go into school on Wednesday to clean out my desk and bring anything home for the summer that I'm going to need. (I still don't know for sure what that is.) Next year I am slated to teach three Spanish I classes and three Spanish II H classes. I wonder if it will be in the school building or not.


Bill took Ivy on a walk with him this week and when Ivy entered the house she yelled, "I won the walk!" I asked her how she won a non-competitive activity and she told me that it was very competitive. She won the skipping and running and I don't know what all. Today when I walked into Bill's office I saw that he has a score card there (obviously made by Ivy) for walks. I think she's looking forward to her next walk with him.

3 comments:

HW said...

You guys are adorable! And it seems like you're like us--kind of searching for things to make life fun. I especially like the touching of landmarks. It's a bit subversive in this quarantine climate where people are wearing gloves and masks and stuff. And I'm TOTALLY impressed with your running. Did I tell you I ran a mile and felt like I was in the last month of pregnancy for the rest of the day? I'm thinking about working on it though. Which is a scary thought.

Paige said...

Winning the competitive walking is a very funny thing. I love your foot photo. So artistic, and knowing about the stomping fight afterward even makes it better. Yes, Faith's hair is mighty near to her waist. Will's big blue eyes were particularly big and blue in one photo. He can be funny without trying very hard. Also you and Bill look great together.

kirsta said...

Heather, you are at a much higher level of fitness than I was when i started if you just ran a mile out of the blue. 2 months ago I couldn't run a whole mile at a time. Yes, pain is part of it! I am finding that resting days with yoga really help.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...