Hoping that these pictures will jog my memory of what we did this week!
Will ran an errand with me and so we went out to eat at DQ for lunch. He's a great lunch date. He talks about his friends, who he is texting on Snapchat and Instagram, and helps carry the groceries in the house. He is my most reliable helper when it comes to emptying the dishwasher. I never have to ask him to help. If he hears me start to unload it, he comes to help. (Faith and Ivy are actually pretty good about this too, but Will is usually somewhere closer to the kitchen.)
We went slack lining this week and Will grabbed my phone to take pictures of me. (I currently hold the family record for 19 steps and and half turn, but Will and Faith hold the backwards-walking record of something like 8 steps which is much much harder!)
The house hours are that everyone has to be in their room by 11 pm and up by 9 am. That doesn't mean that everyone is sleeping at night.Some days everyone gets up and takes a nap...
Bill and I don't know how to power clash...so we just match.
Ivy's fish, Jimmy, seems to be doing okay. Someone found a matchbox car in the empty ditch near our house and decided that Jimmy might enjoy it. Ivy is convinced that he is an old fish. Even though he is constantly swimming and darting about, just after we brought him home, a few of his gills turned gray.
The best day of summer for Ivy happened yesterday. She has a friend, Aubrey, moving to Highland Utah next month and they got together with a few girls to hang out and do a scavenger hunt. Afterward, they came over to our house to swim. It was fun for me too because I got to talk to Aubrey's mother who I enjoy a lot.
Faith had books come in the mail this last week. When they arrived, she thought, "I'm not paying for these...What is this?" It turns out that they were 5 of the same book from Phi Theta Kappa (the community college national honors society) and she had a poem published in it. I'll have to take a picture and insert it here. It's a love poem for a mathematician :)
DQ is staying in business because of our family. We went again in Boulder City after visiting the ducks (and turtles) at Veteran's Memorial Park. When I asked Faith to take our picture, she started right away...not when we were ready :) I wore glasses because I didn't have any makeup on. Looking back on it I should have just owned the make-up-less look.
For Father's Day we went to Mount Charleston to get out of the 108 degree weather in the valley. It wasn't as cool up there as I was hoping, but it was lower than 108.
The above picture was Will's idea. He thought it would be fun to hang backward over the steep ledge. Ivy helped.
We saw some beautiful flowers up there and took a trail that we had never been on before.
At dinner later, we all told Bill something we had learned from him. I learned that day trading is dangerous and mostly doesn't pay off - long-term holds is where it's at when it comes to investing. Faith learned how to change a tire. Ivy learned how to get out of awkward conversations or situations from Bill. Will learned more efficient ways to run.
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun Family Times
Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...
-
...that make me go "hmmmm." Ivy finally ditched Tiana to play shark with the boys today. It involved telling Tiana to "LET...
-
Four years old! July 19, 2012 At four, Ivy is 39 inches tall and 32.5 lbs which puts her just below the 50th percentile f...
-
I've always thought that facial toner was a complete waste of time until a few months ago when I found a really good one: Apple Cider Vi...












3 comments:
Power clashing? Sounds fun. I wanna try. Great flowers. Phone commenting. Must go do it doesn't delete.
So fun to hear about your summer activities. Slack lining looks so fun! We might have to get one at our house. So glad you guys are enjoying DQ! Faith getting published is so cool! Please post the poem!
Sounds like your mountain adventure was more sucky than ours on Father’s Day! Glad you got out of the heat. Such great things you guys have learned from Bill. He’s a good one!
I love these! Way to win on the slack line! It makes me want to try it. And I love seeing you and all your people and the fun things they are doing. And Faith looks like a shorty! How tall is she anyway? How tall is Ivy? It seems like she is really growing too. Or just standing closer to the camera!!! ;)
Post a Comment