Monday, June 29, 2020

Growing and changing

We went to the pediatrician this week. 



It was Faith's last visit to the pediatrician. A bit of a sad milestone there. They measured her at 5'5" (we had been giving her an extra half inch that they didn't. Their scale was a happier scale than ours. She said she weighed 6 pounds less at the doctors office than at home :) She is in the 64th percentile for height and 54th percentile for weight. I am going to really miss Faith's giggle when she goes back to Reno in August. She loves to torment Ivy (about as much as Ivy loves to torment her), but just as often they are laughing together. Last night when they went to bed I heard giggling in their room, so I went in to find them both on the bottom bunk with Ivy drawing spoooooooky pictures.


Will's official measurements at the doctors office were: 5'9" tall and 116 pounds. He is definitely taller than me now, but he still doesn't weigh more than me so I can take comfort in that.  I guess. He is in the 68th percentile for height and the 28th percentile for weight. We are just glad he is on the charts for weight. He has still been running daily and when we ask how his run was 90% of the time it was horrible, but he loves it anyway. He is looking forward to school starting in the fall so that he can see his friends again. Cross country preseason running will start in a few weeks, so that is something else to took forward to. (It's considered a social distancing sport.)



Ivy didn't have a well-child check-up because her last check-up was last August, so a report on her physical growth will be coming in a few months here. She is definitely getting taller though. She is no over 4'9" by a half inch and her haircut makes her look more grown up too. For how much she loves to be doing many different things, she has handled being on a screen 14 hours a day pretty well for the last few months. We need to find more variety of activities to do. I do know that she has been reading books and will ask to paint once in a while. I think she needs her own running buddy.



Bill is looking pretty trim. His brain burns enough calories that he can eat moderate amounts of treats and still stay slim. Plus he runs regularly like all of us. He is talking about wanting to leave Las Vegas as it's a strange place to raise teenagers. He reminds the kids that where we live isn't normal and there is a lot of corruption here. The dental group keeps him busy (and they would like to keep him busier, but he has boundaries). He hasn't given up on the CEO yet and is working with him to help him see that there are better operational decisions that could be made for the health of the company.

This is me getting ready for new classes in the fall :)

I have finally lost the quarantine 5 pounds I put on in March. Hot weather makes you sweat it off :) My workshop for International Baccalaureate started last week. It's a four week course, so it's nice to have something to accomplish. I miss my work. This next year should be an interesting challenge! After a few horrible weeks of running, I'm back to wonderful runs again. I think there is an ebb and flow to it. Sometimes my body produces more endorphins than other times.

2 comments:

Paige said...

You're really cute as a rabbit teacher. You must have been totally bored that day. Faith's collage was stunning. It's cool you're all successful as running. Ivy making her sister laugh with spooky pictures has got to make her like this summer so much more than the boring months without a roommate. Bill has more relaxed boundaries with kids than with work. That's just right. Congrats on being the weight you like. Fun stuff in this post.

HW said...

I LOVED this update on each person. Thank you for the height report. I can't believe Will is as tall as I am! And I'm so impressed with all of you running. I have decided I need to stop. It was causing problems. Or exacerbating problems. And really I just need to call you.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...