Tuesday, November 24, 2020

21 Years together on the 12th

 This month Bill and I celebrated 21 years of marriage. It was fun! We spent the night at The Bellagio in a room that faced the fountains and ate French food at Mon Ami Gabi (across the street at The Paris). We thought it all felt like a pretty good vacation until we went outside to cross the road to get to The Paris. We have spent enough time on The Strip that being out there doesn't feel like a vacation :) But the food was fantastic. I had some of the best salmon I've ever had.

The view from our hotel room

The fountain show all evening was really delightful and channel 22 on the TV had the music to go with the show.

Here are some of our favorite things to do together these days:

  • Hike. I love to hike with Bill because it makes him really happy to hike.
  • Watch movies together. Some are old, some are silly, but we are starting to remind each other of which ones we have seen before because usually one or the other of us can't remember :0
  • Walks - In the summertime we do it more, but we still love to walk in the evenings together and just give each other the download from our days.
  • Play - Bill teases me about teaching Spanish so I can have a stage to perform on; and I won't let him leave the house without kissing me goodbye even if I have to run barefoot out to the driveway to catch him before he drives off.

21 years! Our marriage is finally an adult!

3 comments:

Paige said...

So much wonderful stuff! The tricky number for the years of marriage (12 on the 21st) made me grin. Then I realized John and I will have to go 61 years and both still be alive. It's a stretch but maybe he would do it if I keep my goal a secret. What a fabulous view i fabulous Las Vegas. Your list of real life favorite activities is totally sustainable. Good going, you excellent Evanses.

HW said...

You guys are so great together! I remember what a happy day your wedding day was. And 21 years is quite an accomplishment. I liked the listing of the things you like to do together these days maybe the most of all. Our list would look similar for sure.

HW said...

Also, don't you like Paige's secret goals? I also like that she sometimes lets me in on them.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...