Even though it's 2020 and we all like to complain about how bad life is now and how changed the world is, we are still grateful for many things and had a wonderful Thanksgiving week this week.
On Sunday we went to Logandale and had a delightful dinner with Papa Fred and Marj. Marj made vegetarian chili and I brought cornbread to go with. It was fun to see them and catch up and we even made a date to see each other later in the week. I left feeling so grateful for my father who I love dearly and for his wife who he loves dearly and who cares for him. I'm grateful to have Marj in our lives who makes my dad so happy.
Most of the week was spent working hard to get ready to eat a lot on Thanksgiving. I'm more and more grateful all the time to have work to keep me busy and make me feel important. It's also a really good reason to stand up (when the work isn't online.)
On Tuesday Bill and Will drove to Reno to bring Faith home to us for a few months. I was grateful to get some time with Ivy both to work and to play. She is good at both activities and such a little spark of light in my life. I was equally grateful to get my husband back the next day with my two oldest children. Everyone was safe tired and they all rested their tired bones here. Where they belong. Grateful to have everyone together again!
Thursday was spent defrosting, cooking and eating with some pretty great people. I'm grateful to have plenty. Plenty of food, plenty of love, plenty of intellectual stimulation and plenty of talking. Greg Ladd joined the Evans family for Thanksgiving. There's always lots of interesting things to discuss when Greg comes!
This morning Bill and I went to Logandale again to take a short flight with Papa Fred to see Double Negative from the air, Whitney Pocket and Gold Butte National Recreation Area. We almost made it to Meadville when I told Dad that it was probably time to go back. After landing we had a delightful visit in the cockpit of the airplane before heading back to his house for a fun lunch with Marj who sent us home with pomegranates from their tree.
Soon I'll get to spend some more time with family on a Zoom call for Griffin and Eve's baptism! As hard as life is sometimes, the great days and moments are there for the enjoying. I'm especially grateful to have had a mother that taught me how to recognize and enjoy those moments!
And here are the pictures taken:
![]() |
| On our walk to Amador Park after eating a big Thanksgiving feast. |
![]() |
| Greg was wonderfully accommodating about pictures. In fact, he admitted he was being much better about it than he was usually with his own family. I was grateful. |
And these last pictures are from Dad's fridge in Logandale. I just had to take pictures of all the bits on the refrigerator because, you know. Mom and all. Sure missing her!











2 comments:
Oh I loved your thanks and every single picture. Because Mom! And also, Faith with dark hair totally throws me off. It took me a good while to recognize her, and I am good at recognizing people. Also Greg Ladd as a giant man with a beard! Mom's mnemonic devices were the best, weren't they? I hadn't remembered the apostles one with baking at all!
I got all weepy seeing photos of Greg. Thanks for sharing them.
Post a Comment