I taught my classes on Friday and then hopped on an airplane headed for CO. When I got to the car rental place (at 9:25 pm) all of these people were ahead of me in line to rent a car.
Also, these people were ahead of me. (The ones on the left. The ones on the right were behind me.)
I was waiting to have dinner with Bill, but at 9:30 I decided to just eat some pretzels I had for dinner. At 1:15 am I got a car and headed to Englewood to be with Bill.
On Saturday we slept in and then went to Arvada to see Bill's best friend from forever, Jeff Noall, and his wife Natalie and kids. Jeff is an aerospace engineer who makes turbines for jet engines. Natalie is pretty much me, but likes home decorating projects. They have 5 kids: Kaylee, who is Faith's age is on a mission in CA right now; Ashley is a senior in high school looking to go to Colorado State University or Utah state; Cody is a tall skinny 15 year old who runs cross country at school and has an easy smile; Bailey is a 12 year old that is cute and easy to talk to; and Kaitlyn is their 8 year old who rules the roost. She is quite a cute little spark.
For Dad's benefit I did ask about Judy Noall. Jeff said that his mom has Alzheimer's and is very difficult. The one good thing is that she can't remember to keep score on everyone anymore. They have had to hire someone (without telling her) who comes in daily to help out as she insists on living on her own.
On Valentine's Day we worked out and then went out to eat at a neat restaurant with a wonderful view called Sierra. Bill got the baby back ribs and I had crunchy chili rellenos. The food was great and the sky was clear so we could see most of Denver.
Afterward, we drove a little bit south to...Castle Rock! Below is Bill in front of the famed castle rock. If it weren't so cold, it would have been fun to hike up.
It was such a charming place. I'm sure it has changed a lot since Mom and Dad lived there, but there were fun things about the actual city of Castle Rock like the petroglyph type paintings on the freeway entrance.Bill and I both agreed that Castle Rock would be a delightful place to live if we were to move to Colorado. Or Franktown.
Below is a screenshot of what my phone said the weather was at DEN when I left Sunday night. OOOOHH so cold! And we have become so weak in the cold!! When I got home I was so grateful for every degree warmer it was in LAS! We are true weather wimps these days.
When I got home it was great to be with Will and Ivy again. They did what they always do. They just played online games and hung out with their online friends. Ivy forgot to eat sometimes, but she figured it out eventually.
Also, when I got home I realized that our washer wasn't washing anymore. But that is a story for another day :)











4 comments:
The whole time I was reading this post I kept thinking of things that would have been better than waiting in that line for a car! That was crazy! It is to your credit that you still had a fun trip, including the cold.
It sounds like those kids you visited match up nicely with yours--plus a couple.
Thank you for blogging even though you didn't have time to! And I hope, hope, hope that your washer was fixed easily and for FREE!
I notice you need to wear ear warmering gear when you run in the beautiful Henderson weather. Isn't a long and lustrous winter one of the treasures of Nevada?
Visiting Castle Rock! I had no idea there was an actual rock formation shaped like a Castle there. It was a beautiful brisk day with snow. Looks like fresh snow, too. There are good reasons that people leave snowy climes to move to the desert, but they end up losing all that beauty.
Ivy and Will being self-sufficient. Because, yeah, that's always an option. They're great.
I'm jazzed to find out what comes of this new business venture.
What an adventurous get away. That is a lot of people waiting for cars. Way to be a trooper. That sounds so much colder than Utah. I am kind of use to the cold but not that. It is beautiful though. I like your cute running picture. Having self sufficient children sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing even when you don’t have time too really. You are wonderful.
Thank you for mentioning me and Castle Rock. Thank you for calling me from there. It's just now dawning on me that YOU never lived there. Soon before you were born we moved to B.C.
Post a Comment