Sunday, September 19, 2021

A week in the life of a teacher

 A week at school:

In my 6th period class as we were discussing the best and worst things at school this happened:

Student: Señora, can I say something?

Me: Sure, what is it?

Student: (takes off mask and says) "I'm having a really hard time getting with a girl."

Me: Are  you trying to show off? You should never do that to impress a girl.

Student: No.

Me: Who in here has a boyfriend or girlfriend?

(two people raise their hands)

Me: That's who you can talk to for advice.

First period:

Student A: Sra., can I run something past you?

Me: I guess. If it's going to be quick

Student A: Let's say that your boyfriend cheated on you.

Me: Then he's not my boyfriend anymore.

Student A: But...

Me: If he cheats, then he's not my boyfriend.

Student B: She really shut that one down fast.

8th Period

Group of  students: (not doing their work) Can we see your slap bracelet?

Me: (hand it over against my better judgement)

Me: (also receives it back broken from them hitting each other too hard with it) You all owe me a slap bracelet.

The group: Yeah. We got you.

Me (knowing they don't)

1st Period

Student: Sra. I know this short horror film that is in Spanish. It's only 6 minutes long. Can we watch it in class?

Me: I never show videos without previewing them. Send it to me.

Student (sends me the video)

Me (watches the video and is scarred for life)

Student email: Hello Ms., Evans

I know its a really good film and includes Spanish. Could we watch it by any chance or ask the class if they wanna see it. It depends on the class after all. Some might not like horror so I think it would be a good idea.

Thanks for your time,

My reply: ha ha. No way. I'm going to have nightmares for a week!


3 comments:

Kayci said...

Never a dull moment as a teacher. They are lucky to have you. I like your advice for the cheating boyfriend and deferring to other students for how to get a girlfriend. So many other boys in the world that would value her more than a cheating boyfriend. I am sorry about the horror film. You are much nicer than me to watch it. The mention of horror movie would be an automatic no from me. I hope you can still sleep. Thanks for sharing some of your interactions with us.

Paige said...

Your stories are so much fun to read.

You are definitely doing the right work for your brain. I agree with Kayci that the students are lucky to have you. I hope they appreciate they get a real answer from you but you have standards that can’t be breached. Cheating boyfriend. I agree with you 100% on that one. Not boyfriend.

HW said...

These were all so good! You probably giggle in your sleep at night as you have nightmares about teaching. You are teaching them REALLY good things besides Spanish. Their parents should be thankful they get to be with you.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...