Faith had a busy week. She volunteered to take on more stuff at work and then realized that she had her hands pretty full anyway, but managed to do it all like she always does :) She is still writing about men's products as Frank Edwards and is spending lots of time with Colin and his family who all seem really great and love Faith. She went to two birthday celebrations with Colin's family last week. We joked about her going to the Reno Air Races next week and that if Papa Fred goes, then he could meet Colin before we do! Colin's team has been working on one of the airplanes that will be in the air races, so he gets to go for free and has special "pit crew" access. Faith wished she told the paper she would cover it so she could have a press pass. Funny Faith.
Will wasn't really naked in the picture, but he was only wearing shorts. Funny boy. He had a good race at Veteran's Memorial in Boulder City yesterday, but man it was a fast race! The fastest one there is a tall kid from Foothill High School who was ahead of everyone by maybe a minute! Last month Will's left knee was really hurting him when he ran. It was concerning until a ward member told him she knew exactly what it was - it was growing pains and to run through the pain, but ice his knee and wear a brace. Then his knee stopped hurting and we measured him and sure enough, he had grown an inch in a month. He is now 5'11".
We are seeing less and less of Ivy's face every day as hair gets longer, but I loved this picture that a friend took. I think Ivy's expression is a mix of enjoyment and painful resignation with is perfect right now for all of us. School is mostly just okay for Ivy, but looking at the grades Ivy is achieving you would think school is wonderful. As 8th grade often is, Ivy is navigating tricky social waters with obnoxious friends. Still running cross country reluctantly, at least we were able to get a new pair of running shoes this week so that we're not running in Converse anymore! I keep reminding both of us: Ivy, you are important - you don't have to go without things! At 5'1" and not quite 100 lbs, we keep trying to feed Ivy more to eek out more inches and pounds, but we'll see how things end up!

3 comments:
Oh your offspring are just wonderful!! I want to meet Colin too. How can we arrange that?! And did Will stage the sandwich greens/running shorts picture? He is SO MUCH fun! And how amazing is it that your ward member knew what to do and she was right?! Sweet Ivy. Shouldn't we just be able to opt out of the middle school years? I know will all turn out okay, but I hurt for the dealing with obnoxious friends and only tolerating stuff. I know those feelings.
You and your children are wonderful and funny! I rally admire that about you. I think I am too serious way too much. Faith sounds like adulthood is suiting her well and I am glad she has an interesting guy to help fill her time too. The picture of Will with sandwich pants just makes me laugh. What a great kid! And Ivy is fabulous too. Middle school is such an interesting adventure. I am glad she is navigating as well as possible. I hope your school year is going well too.
I remember mom telling me the same thing a lot. “Paige you don’t have to go without things.” I think John has the same worries. Being told that it cost $1 million to keep you alive as an infant tends to have a certain effect on person. Like maybe all the money has already been paid. I wonder where Ivy’s Spartan attitude comes from? That is a frightening story about the growing pains.
I am so glad wheels me he’s alright. He is a wonderfully swift runner. I also find Faith’s experiences at work in Reno refreshing and interesting.
.Those three people are wonderful to read about.
Post a Comment