I'm so bored with all the things I was going to write! And I have no pictures from the week. Maybe I'll just write about some of my students. Is that a cop-out?
DH is a kid who seems like he comes from pretty rough circumstances, but man is that kid tough. He is in my Spanish 2h class - the one that is small, crazy and at the end of the day. I texted his parents about some good things that he was doing in Spanish class and have earned his loyalty as a consequence. Best investment ever. When another student wouldn't sit in their seat and he wanted to move to, he said, "Miss, you respect me, so I'm going to respect you. I'll stay in my seat." He suddenly made my day all better.
As I was listening to some near death experiences this weekend I found one video that was focused on people's "life review" experiences Many people said that they saw experiences they had during their lives and experienced them from multiple perspectives - not just their own. I hope that when DH has his life review he will see that moment from my perspective and know how much that meant to me and maybe even see this ripple of good that he created. He's much better than he even knows.
I have a new girl in my early-morning Spanish 2h class who is adorable. She has a tik tok account and wants to become an influencer, but it's like a full time job! Today I was explaining to the class that I don't really know why the counselors don't tell students this, but there is money on the line for the PSAT. If you're smart and test well, you could be a National Merit Scholar and those students pretty much pick their college and then get scholarships to help pay for it. This cute girl said, "What if you do well on the test, but you don't have good grades?" I was blank for a minute and then just said, "That doesn't really happen." But the truth is I'm probably wrong! What does happen if that is the case? Does anyone know???
4 comments:
I think the National Merit Scholarships are based ONLY on the test scores. But she should thoroughly research that instead of taking the word of a National Merit Scholar's mom.
I love DH now! And I love how you see him.
Also, I'm curious about why you were delving into near death experiences. Did you have one? Are you dying soon?!! DON'T!!!!!!!
Ha ha! No, I'm not dying. Just find those NDEs interesting :)
I also love DH and don’t even mind if he finds out about it. You are not a cop out kinda gal.
I love hearing experiences you have with students. I have been thinking a lot about how important teachers are and what a big role and impact they can have on students. I am glad your investment paid of with DH.
Also my brother would have been an exception to the test well bad grades thing. He hated doing homework even though he could but tested really really well. I hope something works out for that girl and college is in her future. Lots of love to you!
Post a Comment