Sunday, October 24, 2021

The Big and the Small

 Today we have had our hears racing. Faith texted us today that she was driving with Collin (in Collin's truck) in San Francisco and a tree fell on the car! Here is a picture of what is going on:

So glad she is with Collin and not driving her little car. The damage could have been so much worse!

It's so hard to let her grow up and live her life without me! I should be there! My first thought was that my dad would be the right one to call. He was always the one that made these things all better for me. Papa Fred always knows what to do. Fortunately, they have Collin's family as a resource too and they are lots closer than we are right now. When did I decide it was okay for her to live so far away???

As many of you saw in Instagram Will had a great trip to Savers this week where he got some new clothes and an old keyboard. He says the keyboard is super old, but works well. He is prepping for regionals in Boulder City next Friday so his coach is running their little tails off. I'm so proud of the progress Will had made this season. He's not the fastest on the team, but he has improved more than anyone!

With his high jumping and pointed toes, Will's friend Jackson (shown above) says Will should be a dancer. I just laugh because Will IS a dancer. It's something you're born into.


Ivy's Halloween costume arrived this week. It's a plague doctor costume. Kinda funny! I was informed that this would be Ivy's last Halloween trick or treating. We'll see how this resolve works out. We also went to Savers to get Ivy some new pants yesterday because all the dressing rooms at the mall were closed and I'm not taking chances on expensive clothes not working out and having to go to the mall to return things. Luckily, the stuff we found at Savers looks like it will work fine.


 

Bill took Ivy and I to see Dune last night. It was the first movie we had been to in over a year and a half! The theater didn't seem to be very busy. Looks like a lot of us are just as happy with our small screens and not going out. Bill had a customer calling this week because tiles were falling off their wall! It was stressful, but just as Bill always does he found solutions fast and made everything all better. It would be nice to not have those calls ever!

I have been trying to enjoy the moments I have with my students more this week. It works out much better when I do. They feel it and class is a better experience. Sometimes I get stressed out and forget to enjoy all the good stuff. There is a lot of good stuff. I think more good than bad even - when you look for it. A highlight was playing trashketball with my Spanish 2s. They really got into it and I'm hoping it helped prepare them for their quiz this week.

My mother-in-law had her last chemo treatment this week. We are hoping and praying that it did the job. The treatments were getting so hard to face. She has been through the wringer. Once they find out where the chips have fallen with the breast cancer, they will then work on the stomach cancer. (I think it's a pretty serious surgery to get the tumor out of her stomach.)

2 comments:

HW said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is a heart-stopping text from Faith. I am so glad she is with Colin--a guy whose first impulse was to protect your girl. Mariah was in a wreck with Mac soon after she returned from her mission. I was glad he was there then too. And Will--what a fun kid! The Savers posts were great, and I am TOTALLY impressed with him being the most improved. That is HUGE! Ivy's costume is hilarious. What did you and she give Dune on a scale of 1-10? Should I see it? Your reminder to have fun with your job is a timely one. I need that reminder all the time! And oh, poor Joanie! I will pray for her. This is so very hard. Thank you for all the words and all the news. I just love you guys so much.

Paige said...

I got misty eyed as I read about Colin protecting Faith. And wouldn’t you know it? I’m getting misty eyed again writing about it. Tell Colin, when you get to meet him in person, that he has won over far away relatives all by himself with just that one action. The action shot of Will playing football are terrific. I also like how he points his toes. Please tell your mother-in-law and father-in-law that I’m thinking about them and that I will start doing much more formal prayers on a daily basis because I care about them. I sure hope she recovers fully from both of these cancers. Ivy is a cutie. Her outfit for Halloween is hilarious. I hope she gets a lot of candy and weird looks.

You are so right about stopping to look for the good stuff.

Fun Family Times

 Will got into town just before noon on Saturday and we played as hard as we could (some more than others) all Labor Day weekend. First we t...